SanDisk Reinvents Sansa View as Price-Slashed Nano Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its not my heading .... gizmodo has given this heading

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/09/SansaView_Card.jpg

1. The new View is SanDisk's first serious attempt at a video-capable player, with native support for H.264, WMV and MPEG4 video. (Earlier Sansas could play video, but only if you messed with it enough to make it work.) When you are in video mode, everything automatically reorients to landscape, so you can turn the View on its side and better enjoy the 2.4" 320 x 240 LCD.

SanDisk's 8GB View will cost just $149, the price of Apple's 4GB nano.
Battery life has been confirmed at 35 hours for music, and 7 hours for video. (According to Apple, the nano can pull off 24 hours of music or 5 hours of video on a charge.)
SanDisk's two Sansa View models will both be compatible with MicroSD/SDHC for memory expansion. Since there's a tiny 8GB SDHC card on the way, you could technically jack this thing up to 24GB pretty easily, though that 8GB card will definitely set you back a few clams.

*gizmodo.com/assets/images/gallery/4/2007/09/medium_1353808308_4baf5e3077_o.jpg
*gizmodo.com/assets/images/gallery/4/2007/09/medium_1353808392_4a2876542f_o.jpg

it doesnt look that bad except for the headphones

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Here's the original article:
*gizmodo.com/gadgets/breaking/sandisk-reinvents-sansa-view-as-price+slashed-nano-killer-297986.php

Is there ANYTHING a Nano can do that this can not? Just asking for a clear comparision. And I don't wanna know something physical, just feature-wise.

P.s. Apart from iTunes.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
very cool
i got a evil business idea now
i will tell bankers to add a mp3 player also in the list of student loan ! i hv contacts with many !

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well i thinkit can do much more .. if im not wrong it shud have fm which the nano doesnt and yeah the biggest adv is that it isnt itunes locked and u can easily drag drop vids and expandable memory

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
QwertyManiac said:
No no iMav, I asked is there anything the Nano can do that would make it better than this? :|

iPod Nano can play content bought from iTunes Music store.

Sansa View can play contents from anywhere other then iTunes music store. It is better then iPod.

Thats the only difference :D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
QwertyManiac said:
No no iMav, I asked is there anything the Nano can do that would make it better than this
aH yeah just 1 thing ... its got a half eaten aaple at the back

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
iMav said:
aH yeah just 1 thing ... its got a half eaten aaple at the back
I was expecting this :))

The only thing I see better in the new Nano is its dimensions .. This owns it in all other features, even in the UI.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gauravakaasid said:
@iMav...can u post the link to the source dude??
Yeah, please? You almost always post articles without crediting the site you took it from (and just mentioning the name does not amount to giving it credit).

Why don't people understand? iPods sell because of the user interface and the coolness factor, not because of the features and it is almost impossible to trump the iPod in the looks department and completely impossible to trump it in the UI department.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Sansa View can play contents from anywhere other then iTunes music store.
... and the iPod can't?

Why do you purposely spread misinformation even though you know it is not true? In other words, why do you blatantly lie? Do you like really like being insulted?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
lets c ... 8 is to 1 ... 8 find it cool and 1 doesnt :lol: ... and yeah im sorry these days i forget to post the direct source link ... if it hurt some 1s sentiments im sorry

iamtheone

Journeyman
iMav said:
lets c ... 8 is to 1 ... 8 find it cool and 1 doesnt :lol: ... and yeah im sorry these days i forget to post the direct source link ... if it hurt some 1s sentiments im sorry
hehehe well said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom