Samsung SW252S CD-RW Drive Gone Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattler.

Right off the assembly line
:?
I've got a Samsung SW252S CD-RW for about 1.5 years now with no problems.

But suddenly for the last three days its giving lots of problems. It's popping out its tray every now n then even if I don't eject it n even in the middle of reading a cd.
Also its not reading cds properly. Its reading in bursts. starts to read then suddenly stop n after sometime again jumps up.
It also makes strange noises while reading n even when the tray is out the spindle keeps rotating sometimes.

Please suggest remedies for this n what is causing this problem.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i have heard of this some where

doesnt seem to be hardware prob !!!
once check for viruses and spyware and post back !!!

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check for loose wires and any dirt that might be affecting the performance... If they are okay, ask a service engineer to check the drive for any problem in the lens.

I do remember that there was some virus or spyware that caused CD tray to pop out at odd cases, but I dont think that is the case here... But better to be safe than sorry... Three steps: Run Antivirus scan in safe mode. Run Spyware check (Adaware+Spybot SnD is my recommendation) in safe mode... Then, run a HijackThis scan and post it here for members to see if there is anything else odd...

Arun

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
there is this kind of virus as one of my friend had the same problem due to virus,so i belive it mite b bcoz of that,so better scan ur system.and i dont think bcoz of the lens the tray will come out so lens isnt the problem in ur case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom