Samsung or the Seagate HDD ! My Advice---Seagate is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabster

In the zone
Samsung HDD's are really Bad???
I am having two Hard disk both Samsung of which 1 is 14 months old and other is 4 months old...This 4 months old Harddisk has Bad Sectors on it(Have no Idea from where did they came)
and other one creates a lot of Creepy Noise all the Time ...
Now I have given the harddisk for replacement to my Dealer, But Recently I found a Page on Samsung Site that They Only replace the HDD with the Refurbished Drives....
*www.samsung.com/Products/HardDiskDrive/warranty/index.htm
Which is Not so with Seagate HDD They Always give the NEW one....
I advice you people to go for seagate hard disks, one of my friends is using Seagate HDD from last 3 years and No problems till now..

Please tell me Yr Experience with Samsung...Though mine was bad...

--
Anurag

Kniwor

Learner
i prefer seagate over samsung because i too have a bad experience with samsung....
2 samsung HDD's died on me....

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Yes, I would say that samsung is the worst performer in Hard disk area and anybody thinking of buying new Hard disk should go for the Segate Sata Hard disks....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i prefer seagate over both samsung n hitachi. jst had a real bad experience with hitachi and i am still waiting for the replacement .. its been more than a month now. hitachi sux big time. seagate gives u replacement in a day or two at the max.

G

gxsaurav

i m using a samsung 80 GB SATA HD, on Intel 865GBF motherboard, so far from the last 1.5 years, hardly any problem ever, although i remember paying a premium at that time for it

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Samsung Sucks big time.... :evil: :evil: My 40 GB PATA SAMSUNG HDD went out of order in jus 2 yrs. now hv a Seagate SATA HDD 160 GB and it rocks.... :twisted:

cheers n e-peace....

phatratt

In the zone
I don't find samsung hdd that bad,coz one of my friend has one 20GB from past 4 years and not a single problem till now.But still i prefer segate over samsung coz they provide 5-year warranty and service centers are strewn all over the country.

goobimama

 Macboy
I guess seagate is a clear winner in hard disk drives. I have had some good experiences with Western Digital as well. Maxtor? No way. Two hard drives crashed, taking all my movies with them...

madman123

Broken In
well my external maxtor hasn't shown any problems till date...neither has my internal samsung 80gb which i've been using for the past 5 years...

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
gxsaurav said:
i m using a samsung 80 GB SATA HD, on Intel 865GBF motherboard, so far from the last 1.5 years, hardly any problem ever, although i remember paying a premium at that time for it

Mine Showed signs of death in 3 months itself. Bad sectors are detected on 1st partition by the Checkdisk utility.... :evil: :evil:

in my view WD is more best than seagate and samsung. i have a seagate 7200.10 hdd 250gb and it gives me pain 4 times in the same year i purchased it. everytime there is severe loss of huge data.

ajai5777

Youngling
My old seagate sata was 80gb.when i tried to upgrade it by buying a samsung160 hdd,a big problem occurred;new hdd(samsung)always burns when i boot the system after 3 replacements i sold it.Everyone said it was my pcs problem at last i decided to test my pc with a new seagate(as the old one is fine) the new seagate 250 installed and its working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom