Samsung E880, Bluetooth and WAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsidd75

2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war
Hello friends!

I bought Samsung E880 two weeks back. I successfully transferred mp3 songs but could not copy to or from another phone or PC normal jpg files. it was saying 'not allowed' or something (its been quite some time). so, what to do? any help would be greatly appreciated!

And then though I went through this month's Fastrack, it was more technical and I couldn't catch on all the things that were told. Anyway, my question is what are WAP and GPRS? I know something about it so any link to some source would be ver helpful...

And can a GSM mobile connected to a PC be used to access internet as we do with normal land line phones or the WLLs given... ( I don't think its possible, but just veryfing!).

Thanks for ur patience... :)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Samsung in-corporates DRM(digital rights management) in their phone software. So, you can't send files which are DRM-protected. I have a e700 and it has the same thing. The only way out is either patching the phone firmware or making the images DRM-free.

OP
N

nsidd75

2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war
hey,

Sorry guys for not replying for so long... thank you. but i solved the problem in another way. it looks like we can share the pics for bluetooth. after that we can download them into the computer.

and to do the other way round, we can copy files from the computer into the "Downloaded pics" folder in the mobile. Anything can be downloaded into the "Downoladed ...." folders, i mean there are downloaded music, videos etc...

So, that does it. thanks guys! :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
GRPS stands for General Packet Radio Service. GPRS is a way of connectivity in mobile phones. Using GPRS you can browse internet on ur GRPS enabled cell phone. WAP stands for Wireless access protocol, it is a protocol used by cell phones to connect through GRPS.
If you have GPRS on in your cell phone, then you can connect your phone to the computer preferably using data cable or bluetooth, then you can use your cell phone to connect to the internet on your computer.
Some links
GRPS at wikipedia
WAP at wikipedia
WAP at howstuffworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom