Samsung DVD Writer How is that ..?? GOOD or BAD..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
My Dear Friends

I got a Samsung DVD writher 12x

How is it..??

i want +ve adn -ve point of it..!!

Thanks

OP
P

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
Thanks

I also trust on Samsung..!!

but ASUS Optical drive is i thing batter then Samsung..!

but some buddy else i got samsung DVD writher so i want

how is it..!! GOOD or BAD..!!

Thanks

imgame

Broken In
i had a really bad experince with samsung ....CD writer ....and many of my friends suffered same (the problem caused was Power Caliberation Error ! all of us have had this same problem while using ...and after repititively getting repaired it from samsung service center ....we continued to face that problem ...and even after so many arguments with service center officials ....we were where we started .....so it was a huge disappointment ) ....so i would suggest u to go for sony ...slightly costly .....but worth for money with rock solid performance ...

though i really can't tell u much about DVD writer .......but i m for sure i m not going to buy any optical drives from samsung ....nor anybody in my friend circle .....

theraven

Technomancer
o and BTW sony drives are now manufactured by LITE-ON
or go for PIONEER which based on NEC ( this being suggested by another member on the forum ... i forget who :D )

I guess it all depends upon the way u want it.I bought a samsung dvd riter coz it wuz cheap.and me sure can use it for atleast a year or 2.
It has a 3 yr replacement warr.
Any ways things r gonna change in a years time so y waste money speanding more on the xpensive sony.
Come on we all kno tat the product u buy is on ur luck it may b goo it may b bad.
Mine is workin gr8 4 me.I burn games movies a hella lotz of stuff.
Samsung for the price i say GOOD.

theraven

Technomancer
liteon 16x dl drive : 5750
pioneer 16x dl drive : 5800
whats expensive ?
and AGAIN ... sony drives are now made by LITE-ON

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
demoninside said:
Sumsung drives suxxxx a big time,
not even service is good.
BTW any on Heard of SONY
sony is in the same league as samsung....
i have samsung cdrom drive and a combo, both r working fine ...
the cdrom is 5 yrs old and still it shows no sign of problem execpt that it has tray prob...

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

AlienTech

In the zone
imgame said:
though i really can't tell u much about DVD writer .......but i m for sure i m not going to buy any optical drives from samsung ....nor anybody in my friend circle .....

Samsung optical drives are a crap shoot. Sony 8x and 16x are by liteon, 12x is by sanyo/optorite. Not much of a choice there.

Go for pioneer, NEC, Toshiba.. Even LG is better, but for compatibility with disks available in India, go PIONEER!!!!!! Some Plextor like the 12X also uses Sanyo chip sets but they seemed to have improved the firmware a whole lot. Also plextools lets you train the drive to the disk. Which no one else does. Sanyo chipsets also lets you write 1Gig disks using 800meg CD's and such...

Has anyone even read the reviews let alone have first hand experience before recommending drives to others?

Review on every drive.........
*www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=10114&PageId=18

ice

In the zone
drgrudge said:
demoninside said:
Sumsung drives suxxxx a big time,
not even service is good.
BTW any on Heard of SONY
sony is in the same league as samsung....
i have samsung cdrom drive and a combo, both r working fine ...
the cdrom is 5 yrs old and still it shows no sign of problem execpt that it has tray prob...

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

U have no problems, but u have a tray problem. Hmm... *lost in deep thought*.

ice

In the zone
Now, since uve got a Samsung writer, id like to say, lucky u!

Somethin is better than nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom