Samsung DVD Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukaida

In the zone
I have bought a samsung DVD Drive . The problem is that , it often automatically ejects the disk and after 4 to 5 tries , finally accepts it.
Once accepted, it reads fine
but the problem with the tray persists. please help.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Samsung and the dreaded tray issues! Samsung optical drives are known to have those issues mate. I own a Samsung optical CD writer and I hardly use it anymore. It will not write beyond 24X speeds.

Charley

Just Do It
bukaida said:
I have bought a samsung DVD Drive . The problem is that , it often automatically ejects the disk and after 4 to 5 tries , finally accepts it.
Once accepted, it reads fine
but the problem with the tray persists. please help.

If its in ur warranty period try getting a replace or else keep it safe in a cupboard and get a new 1, preferably Sony or Benq.

OP
bukaida

bukaida

In the zone
Wish If I could get the suggession earlier

Its seem was only a bad investment .How can a reputeted company produces such bad product?

AlienTech

In the zone
Samsung is not a "reputeted company". Not even close to the top 100 and don't worry, they all do it. You wont believe the crap these companies release. But if you don't know then its all good right? What you don't know wont hurt you. I once worked for a company that became #1 by threatening other companies to take them to court and it was cheaper for them to buy the products instead. The product was not very good but it sort of worked. So everyone gained. But there were far better products out there who went out of business for lack of sales. Companies like Samsung has huge volume because they give retailers big discounts and good prices. Not because they have anywhere close to the best products.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Yes people....

You are right, companies like Samsung promise too much but then dont do it.

I had a Samsung Combo Drive, which i lovindly bought a long time ago when such Sh#T was new to teh market. It served me good and then suddenly 6 months back it stopped reading DVDs and writing CDs.

I went to a coustomer care center, which is near my home and they simply refused to repair it, their quote "Sir, this is too old a model and has become obselete. We cannot repair this product and if you want to get it repaired then you have to do to delhi to get the service. There also we are not sure if it can be reapaired"

I tried humbly to educate them that this was their problem to repair the product as they were the so called "Coustomer Care" people and even if it needs to be sent to MARS to be repaired then please do so at you expence. I am a consuemer and I have rights.

That retard simply smilled at me!

Well i then wrote the the Ministory of IT-INIDA at mocit@nic.in --- *www.mit.gov.in/ with a cc to samsung people.

Guess what within hours i recieved a email that the conserned Service center has been notified of my problem and they will service my product!

Guys we need to gear up for this....

OP
bukaida

bukaida

In the zone
Experience With Samsung optical Drive

You can fool some people for some time but cannot fool all the people for all the time

I had nothing personal with Samsung but It is quite heart-breaking if someone deceives you.
Now when I went to the dealer and asked about the solution , he said it is a very well-known problem of samsung drives. When I asked why then he had'nt tell me the fact at the time of purchase , he replied that "we have to sell the product". What an attitude :!: Now that my warrent is just over, they r asking money for repairing it. Finally I told them that I would rather through
the drive away than spending a single more rupees on them. They have this kind of audacity becoz of the lack of strictness in enforcing the law.

Anyway, I have written so much out of my frustration and on a hope that none in the Digit forum will do the same mistake.

Charley

Just Do It
Re: Wish If I could get the suggession earlier

bukaida said:
Its seem was only a bad investment .How can a reputeted company produces such bad product?

It is not reputed in terms of stuffs like these. And no one wud ever think of buying 1 ...

AlienTech said:
Samsung is not a "reputeted company".

Why isnt it so? The products as writers, etc are bad.

But what abt their cellphones, other hardware, so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom