samsung c100 info needed :)

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by shoegoe, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoegoe

shoegoe New Member

HI~~ (TO EVERYONE IN THE FORUM)

((i'm pretty new here)))

+++++

ok.... about my problem~

i've got a samsung C100 set(which is with infra red port~~~),and an infra-red port in my notepad....

ammm......as usual...i"d like to connect my two devices....
    my two devices discovered themselves when kept close..
    but...i cant transfer ANY file to OR from my c100...
    i've tried oxygenphone manager((WHICH IS FOR NOKIA))but.....failed..
    so...please tell me any software which would bridge my two devices and ALSO enable sharing...

i also enquired my local mobile company about using the NET through c100, but,...they tell hell rates....like(100/month)and(60RS for an hour)

is there any alternate way to access the net through c100?

2. ishaan

ishaan New Member

for infrared i dont use any special software....wen kept close my phone connects wid da pc....den in da pc on the desktop an icon comes wich says "send files to another computer"

by that it means to the phone and when i send it works.
    but im using a sony err. p900

in older phones (i know for nokia 7250), IR didnt support transfer of images/sounds. IR was only used for connecting to the net or business cards.

for ur phone, if it detects, look for modem drivers of ur phone on google and then install it. then use ur phone on IR ar a modem and get gprs enabled.

then create a normal dial up connection, but use ur fone as the modem and for the phone number put in *#99#

this should work it did with my 7250. if the above no. doesnt work....look for the gprs dialup number for ur fone in google.
    type *#99# for the number. leave the

3. xenkatesh

xenkatesh Bewitched!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for infrared i dont use any special software....wen kept close my phone connects wid da pc....den in da pc on the desktop an icon comes wich says "send files to another computer"

by that it means to the phone and when i send it works.
    but im using a sony err. p900

in older phones (i know for nokia 7250), IR didnt support transfer of images/sounds. IR was only used for connecting to the net or business cards.

for ur phone, if it detects, look for modem drivers of ur phone on google and then install it. then use ur phone on IR ar a modem and get gprs enabled.

then create a normal dial up connection, but use ur fone as the modem and for the phone number put in *#99#

this should work it did with my 7250. if the above no. doesnt work....look for the gprs dialup number for ur fone in google.
    type *#99# for the number. leave the

4. ishaan

ishaan New Member

i think my post got cut in the end or sumthing

i was saying - leave the username and password blank.

5. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

I have a K500i, & also use the IrDA to transfer files to & from my PC & Mobile

Make sure U have the Infrared Monitor service on in services.msc, then place your phone close to your IrDA port, Windows will detect it as another computer, then an icon will come on the desktop saying to send files to another computer, just open it & send files, then your fone will ask or conformation to recive the files, just click on in your phone

My friends C100 refused to accept file though, so better consult your manual

6. Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt New Member

Use Easy Gprs Software....its the only one now for Samsung c100....but the software is too crappy....dosen't transfer Games and takes some time to tansfer images and Ringtones.....plus the images have to be first converted into .gif format and then only will they transfer...and similarly the .mmf format for the ringtones.....u can get it at the Official Samsung website i.e www.samsungindia.com ....good luck mate..... if any other probs regarding this cell contact me.... :D

7. OP
    OP
    shoegoe

shoegoe New Member

Ths..:)

8. PraKs

PraKs New Member

HELP For U

Hmm Personally I dont like SamSung C100 coz too small Screen.. & A BIG Cell :)

MY Fav is Sony T610 :)

Anywayz,, Let me Tell u , Oxygen Phone Manager wil not work for Samsung its for NOKIA

I dont think.. u need a special software for Infrared Transfer.

Just Install Windows XP Professional.. As soon as u activate Infrared from BIOS , Keep UR cell Near to Notebook
    It will automatically Detect.. Just transfer the files.

Wish U all the best :)

For more help u can visit - www.samsungindia.com

9. Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt New Member

Re: HELP For U

Hey Pal Just need to remind ya that this is Samsung Gprs phone and this does not Transfer without the Required software......the Windows Xp Thingy u said is available same for Pc too but tried it and to no avail tranfers images or any other stuff like nokia does (personal experience pal).....and woahhh C100 Small Screen Ok but Big Cell what da ya mean by that Mate If u mean in terms of its size then let me remind ya its just 76 gms In weight and quiet perfectly fits in my pocket and it aint that big Smart phone like ur Sony Ericsson T610 just a basic Gprs one and the weight of ur Phone is 95 gms which is quite heavier than mine now mate...Lol (No Offence) :D

10. ishaan

ishaan New Member

so did the Easy Gprs Software in the official samsung site work 4 u?

as i sed earlier...sum older fonz dont support image/sound transfer thru IR so mebe dats y u cant transfer...try calling up the samsung customer care n askin them

11. OP
    OP
    shoegoe

shoegoe New Member

AM>>>YA I SEARCHED FOR THE CONNECTIVITY SOFT IN THE SITE>> its huge...(50 MB)

so...itll take me long to download (im in dialup)

so...i'll tell u when i have tried it

ths..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.