Samsung C 210 or LG G 1600 Which is a better option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplysaj

Broken In
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. Just gone thru the threads and found it really cool and informative. :)

I plan to buy a new mobile which has GPRS, WAP, MMS and less than 5K. I found 2 options ie; LG G1600 and Samsung C210. These two has 95% same features like GPRS etc.

Please help me to make a right decision. U guys here may have used thse 2 mobiles. So pls compare :wink:

Another qn is I will be able to get internet in these phones by taking the EDGE from Airtel post paid? Can I connect these models to PC? These phones have GPRS class 10.

Thanks.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I would prefer LG1800, as it got many cool features that even a mid level phone dot have. It got a MP3 player with 61mb internal memory, 256k color LCD, voice recording which is missing in C230.
You get BT headsets and stereo headsets free with LG phones. So you get stereo headsets with this piece.

Of source, C230 got FM with loud speakers and got a good speaker system. And a FM radio costs only rs.40 in a market :p

1600 is cheaper also.
1600--> 4,250 rs.
C230 --> 5,100 rs.

simplysaj said:
Another qn is I will be able to get internet in these phones by taking the EDGE from Airtel post paid? Can I connect these models to PC? These phones have GPRS class 10.
Abt the EDGe, no you cant use the same with this phone.

And you can connect LG 1800 to the computer as it has USB connectivity options. I am not sure abt Samsung C230 (but I feel, we cant connect to computer, that GPRS can be used on your Mobile only to view WAP sites as they had with C100/C115).

Edit:
Got confused with 1600 and 1800. By the way, go for 1800 as it's chaper than C230 anyway.

Biplav

In the zone
MP3 player with 61mb internal memory,
no yaar its just got 1.1mb shared memory
and u sure it plays Mp3?
*indiagsm.com/images/lg/lgg1600B.gif
Code:
General

Network

GSM 900 / GSM 1800

Size

Dimensions

104 x 44 x 17 mm

Weight

83 g

Display

Type

STN, 65K colors

Size

128 x 128 pixels, 8 lines

- Downloadable wallpapers

Ringtones

Type

Polyphonic (16 channels)

Customization

Composer, download

Vibration

Yes

Phonebook

200 x 5 fields

Memory

Call records

15 dialed, 15 received, 15 missed calls

- 1.1 MB shared memory 
- 20 calendar items

GPRS

Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots)

Features

Data speed

32 - 48 kbps

Messaging

SMS, EMS, MMS

Clock

Yes

Alarm

Yes

Infrared port

No

Games

Yes - Space Ball, Submarine

Colors

- Java 
- WAP 1.2.1 
- eZi text (T9) 
- Scheduler 
- Calculator 
- Calendar 
- World clock 
- Voice memo (20sec each)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ohh, my bad, I got confused with LG 1800. I edited my above post. By the way, its' cheaper than C230 also.

expertno.1

Technomancer
LG G1600 and Samsung C210
go for LG G1600 the better option

coz its network speeds are really good than the samsung one

i have G3100 and compared samsmung c210 and found that g3100 had more internet speed and responding

so i suggest that LG's other models would also have good network speeds like the G1600

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Nope.. i dun agree!
i bout da sam c210
is cool
sleek
and SEXY as HELL
GO WITH IT
i assure u dat its gr8!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom