Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklight

Journeyman
I'm planning for major PC upgrade.So looking for a good TFT monitor
Stuck between a Samsung 19" 940 BW & a Viewsonic 20" Widescreen (Both with DVI support )
Main usage would be games,movies and multimedia.

My dilema is whether to go for the viewsonic 20" which costs approx 3K more than the samsung 19" .Would 20" mean better viewing experience than a 19"
What deters me is that i know nothing about viewsonic(pic quality,services..and more important their policy regarding dead pixel replacement warranty ,samsung is supposed to be better at this
Would it be wise to go for a 20" or the 19" ?

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
If you can get VX2035wm (20") then buy it with........cost is higher but you you do get a better panel (display). Else just buy 940BW. Othe choices could be VG1930wm and Benq FP92w.

OP
B

blacklight

Journeyman
hi john, how's the display quality of a viewsonic monitor when compared to a samsung ? and viewsonic's response times seem a bit more than the samsung's ?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
VG1930wm is good and ther is not much difference in picture quality as both are TN panel. So with little adjustment both does give good picture quality. Response time of below 8ms is fine. But if you are talking about VX2035wm then you just can't compare this with vg1930wm, 940bw or fp92w. Simply vx2035wm is superior to them. VX2035 has M-PVA panel, I think.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
There are many Vewsonic models with fast response times.
I think their VX922 was the first with a 2ms response time. I may be wrong.

OP
B

blacklight

Journeyman
Any idea how much a VX2035wm cost ?
When i enquired around , i got a 20" VG2030wm for arnd 14k .Since its also TN Panel , doesn't make much of a difference u say ??
in that case , a 20" VG2030wm is better than a 19" samsung 940BW ,
since more real estate in 20 " ?
i'm not considering the 20" Samsung ( 206 BW )coz its waay tooo costly

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
If you get are getting VG2030wm for 14k then certainly get it. As for VX2035wm costs around 18k but lately haven't seen it in the market. Also the newer VX2035wm are also TN panel, so just leave them.
If you can find VX2025wm (20" older model with M-PVA panel ) then a few k's more could justify it's superior 8-bit (better picture/color) performance.

goobimama

 Macboy
Well the Samsung 19 inch will give you a resolution of 1440*960 or something like that while add just another inch and you have a perfect resolution of 1680*1050 in the 20 inch. The 19 inch resolution is a bit too low for me with stuff appearing a tad bit larger than life... I'm using 20 inches 1680*1050 display on the Mac and its perfect.

@ssdhividionsgermanycyhf: Good choice, I have the same one. Makes you feel like never moving back to smaller displays...

OP
B

blacklight

Journeyman
i guess so , the dealer said its 20" widescreen with DVI .so searched it up on the net and found the model number.total cost is 14K + vat .

moreover , at the computerwarehousepricelist.com , they quote 16600 for a 20" with DVI ( dunno its wide screen or not )

janitha

Wise Old Owl
blacklight said:
i guess so , the dealer said its 20" widescreen with DVI .so searched it up on the net and found the model number.total cost is 14K + vat .

moreover , at the computerwarehousepricelist.com , they quote 16600 for a 20" with DVI ( dunno its wide screen or not )

In general, widescreen cost less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom