Safe working temperature of CPU and GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Hi,

I want to know the safe working temperature limit for AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor (ADA3000BPBOX), Venice core, E6 stepping. Recently on my overclocking experiment, the temperature went to 57 deg on 100% load for prolonged periods during stress testing. I did not dare go further due to the temperature. So can you please enlighten me regarding the same?

I also want to know the safe working temperature of the 6800GS GPU, specifically for my XFX 6800GS XXX edition. Sometimes during prolonged gameplay of FEAR, the temperature goes above 70 degrees. Is this safe?

Thanks for replying.

Kniwor

Learner
both ur temperatures are higher than usual....
but are within limits.... meaning i dont think they are at all dangerous temps for either GPU or CPU

cyrux

In the zone
My amd 64 3200+ goes upto 55c when i play NFSMW . I havent overcloced my processor. Idle cpy temperature in 47c

cyrux

In the zone
Yesterday i was burning a cd with alcohol 120% and siumltaneneoulsy testing this software called passware , and hell the cpu temp touched 57c..phews

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well I have a blowhole on top of the cabinet with a fan + a fan on the side panel blowing directly over the CPU + one front intake and 2 exhaust at the back including the SMPS fan. All fans are 120mm. By the way, always try to keep the components dust free.
Just applied simple rule of balancing hot and cold air circulation.
As for the gpu I am using ANTEC V COOL slot air cooler. Temp. idles @ 40C and Max @ 60C.
Well thinking of buying ZALMAN CNPS9500 copper HSF for the cpu.

@ janitha and sagar_coolx
Have u guys overclocked ur proc.? just asking because when at normal frequency my cpu idles @ 36C and max load @ 48C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom