Safari (windows) questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Please tell how to block flash animations in SAfari for windows. I tried the CSS file given at floppymoose.com but it didn't work

Also, while surfing using safari, I may regularly getting JAVASCRIPT errors. HOw to remove them?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The floppymoose CSS file does not work? It should.

Anyway, AFAIK, that is the only option for the Windows version so if it is not working for you, though it should, then I guess you are just out of luck. :(

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
pathiks said:
hehe use opera... (sorry.. couldnt resist.. :D)

Why should I use OPera when I am getting my pages opened in half the time they used to open in Opera. Opera doesn't work well with secure sites(https) well and takes long time starting secure connection

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Safari is definitely the fastest; no dispute there. Sites open fast even on my EDGE connection.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Safari is definitely the fastest; no dispute there. Sites open fast even on my EDGE connection.

Try the same on Opera & Firefox, u will see same results

ECE0105

In the zone
Safari suxxx big time... IE has never hanged as many times in all these years, as Safari did in 2 days.

I am not geeky enough to give u a solution to the problem, but I needn't be a Scientist to tell u that Firefox, IE and Opera are the best browsers, not in any particular order.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
:lol: Ha! Ha! Opera and Firefox, I understand. But Internet Explorer! Boy, I never knew that even people on the Digit forum, who are supposed to have at least basic knowledge about browsers, use and recommend IE. :lol:

gx_saurav said:
Try the same on Opera & Firefox, u will see same results
I did. Opera, which is the second fastest browser on my Mac, was also slightly behind Safari on DataOne. On an EDGE connection, there is a huge difference. Opera is also very slow on secure websites.
Firefox, I hate. I absolutely loathe it. The interface sucks and specially so on a Mac.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
:lol: Ha! Ha! Opera and Firefox, I understand. But Internet Explorer! Boy, I never knew that even people on the Digit forum, who are supposed to have at least basic knowledge about browsers, use and recommend IE.

If you are talking about IE 7 software on WIndows platform slow, then u r.....well...ignorant.

If you are talking about IE 7 Trident engine slow, then yeah...that is slow in some cases.

Right now IE 7 software provides more features then Safari on Windows.

Firefox, I hate. I absolutely loathe it. The interface sucks and specially so on a Mac.

Obviously U don't like the interface cos u don't know anything about skins & themes & extensions. This is how Firefox looks on my Mac, better then Safari in consistancy

*img401.imageshack.us/img401/7770/sfffu2.th.jpg

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You, like most other Windows users, believe than interface design is all about the looks (though the tab bar looks completely out of place in that skin and Safari is still a lot better), which it is not. That is why, whenever I say that Apple's software has a better user interface, you interpret it based on the looks. Basically, you've no clue what a UI is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom