s-video out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mananknl

Broken In
i have a zebronics 7300 gs gfx card.it has s-video out.i also got a cable in the package which also seems s-video to s-video.my samsung 29' tv doesn`t have s-video input...so how do i connect my pc to my tv???i want to watch divx/xvid movies on my tv.

ronweasley

Broken In
hi,
you'll get an s-video to A/V cable at most electronics/computer stores with which u can connect the A/V* end to ur TV.

*A/V is the one with three plugs having red/white/yellow standing for audio-left/audio-right/video respectively. the A/V connector IS present on ur TV.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
I was curious myself back then as to how would my desktop look on my 29" tv ,my graphics card had this s-video out jack as well.You get these cords with your dvd player (red/yellow/white jacks) ,the cords have male connectors on both the ends while the s-video cord that you get with the card has a female connector at one end,all i did was connect one end of that dvd player cord to the female connector of the s -video cord and the other end of the dvd player cord to the usual jacks on the tv ,i disconnected the monitor turned on the tv the graphics card software detected my tv as a second monitor.

Tried some videos etc everything was working properly ,the fonts looked quite bad though unreadable to be precise.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@techno_funky
Didn't understand though..he said he has an svideo cable with male on both ends, and whats this role of DVD player in b/w this PC nd TV?
Plz pecify....as me too want to connect TV to my card.
Is there any s-video to composite available?

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Ok well see
My S-video Cord -

*pictures.macrosysinc.net/rsw/749274/5382D.jpg

DVD Cable -

*www.adorama.com/images/Product/VDDCAVS6.JPG

Connect the s-video cord to your graphics card ,next insert one of the yellow end of the dvd cord into the s-video cord now connect the red/yellow cord to your TV jacks.Boot pc ,on the tv (your tv probably has a separate channel for dvd's use that) now you should see the booting sequence on your tv if you dont shut down the pc disconnect your monitor and try again should work.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Either you connect the S-video cable to the S-video port of your TV or if your TV doesn't have an S-video port, use an S-video to composite converter and plug it in the composite port of your TV.

a bit offtopic but if one has access to it CHIP magazine has given a detailed article on this PC-TV connection this month i.e. DEC. 06 .
Chk out the pros n cons n the process in detail .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom