S.O.S!! S.O.S!! S.O.S!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiSkJoCkEy

Right off the assembly line
Somebody help me PLEASE before I go insane!!

:cry:
I'm using a Gigabyte GA-7VKMP-P motherboard with a AMD Athlon XP2200+, 256 MB of RAM(I'm not sure which one.. SD or DD), 80 GB Seagate hard disk, with an LG 52X24X52X CD Writer.

Now, the problem is.. my comp was infected with a virus and i had to format the system. After formatting my C: drive, ( I have 3 partitions - C:. D:. E:) and reinstalling Windows 98SE, i got everything else back online except my CD writer.I installed Nero, and when i open Nero, it says it can't find the system ASPI. I even have the same problem when I'm trying to convert my audio files from cdda. to mp3. I used to have the ASPI problem even before i formatted my C:. I asked one of the local tech guys and he said that i have to format ALL my partitions. Is there any way that i can repair this problem without having to do that? Because there's a lot of data on the other two partitions that i cannot bear to lose.

Please do reply ASAP.

Thanks Loads... you guys are the greatest.

Kratos

Broken In
It is a software problem and you do not need to format any drive.

Check for your ASPI Layer. If one isn't present, we'll need to get one and reinstall it

*www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/...oduct/EZ-SCSI_5.0&filekey=aspichk.exe&sess=no

Kratos

Broken In
The term "ASPI" stands for Advanced SCSI Programming Interface. Please visit the URL below to read more about ASPI and solve ur problem.

First you should check whether ASPI is present and if not install Nero ASPI layer. Everything is in detail on the page below.

*cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom