Running two or more PC from one CPU (Give your views)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Earlier I saw few ads about software as well hardware which can be used to run two or more PCs from single CPU.

Its like, that a friend of mine has a cyber cafe and he needs to expand it, I suggested that its possible two run two or more PCs from single CPU ie. saving the cost of CPU.

Though net surfing requires very little power and he is having 2.5 to 3.00 GHz CUP then I think having good amout of RAM say 512 or 1 GB per CPU he can run 2-4 PC from CPU, I suggested him that buy second hand monitors and in around Rs. 2000 more he will have another PC running out of existing.

BUT.. I forgot all those links and sofware / hardware vendors specs..
So anyone here who knows about all such ?

DukeNukem

Come get Some
*userful.com/products/free-2-user

Search old DIGITS. they have all such things in the last few pages of it

Google for more

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I have really big big big ..
very big stock of magzines and looking them all is not realy good idea. I tried though and then found impractical.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Yea digit gave such thing around 2 yrs back i guess. Neways this might help ya out! *www.faqfarm.com/Q/How_do_you_connect_two_monitors_to_one_computer

Neways for cyber cafe etc, the idea sounds nice to me! But u may have complaints. I mean suppose 2 users are browsing the net and virus is introduced by one of the users, then what? Shud other user suffer?

Neways the techniques is quite complicated and several questions arise in mah mind for it. I dont think neone in this forum must have done this. Not only monitor, u need separate input hardwares too!

If u achieve ur goal, then please do post all the results here.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
wlll I saw some ads there are hardware available too.. with sofware supprt .. but that was long ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom