Status
Not open for further replies.

infohardik

Broken In
Hello to all.
My CD Rom is Dead.
I am urgent need of 1, & thought to buy a DVD Writer itself. The Prise I heard is 5000/-.
Any Specifiers to which to be bought.
Would it be worth this prise or at present I should Wait for a DVD riter.
:idea: :arrow:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I think you should give it a go...because unlike CPU ..or MOBO or Graphic Card prices ...prices of things like CD writer , DVD writer ..monitor...remain pretty stable for another 3 months or so ..or even longer...if there is change then its not by much margin as the CPU or Graphic card thing...
Morever i don't see any immediate fall in prices . I think you shouldn't wait and dash right away...b'coz prices of hardware is always going to fall and if you wait too long you will never be in a position to buy those...price always fall in those category...Don't worry ..i think you are pretty safe now if you buy writer.. :D

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
U can get a 16X Dual Layer Liteon DVD Writer for arnd 5.7k which is the best deal @ the moment. Make sure your dvd player supports DL DVD+R media though.

theraven

Technomancer
o cmon blade i thot ud suggest everyone to wait for [edit]DVD-R[/edit] DL drives .... :D
makes a lot of sense what u said ...
so id suggest that ... so wait for now ... dun go for dvd writers so soon ... since u only had a cd ROM ... a cd writer or maybe even a combo should suffice for now till dvd-r dl writers are introduced and made affordable ..
but then thats just me ... go for it if u still want .. the liteon 16x dl deal is a steal

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yup but read this ......... :)

I am urgent need of 1,

thats y i suggested him the option. Plus combos and all are pure waste of money for the time being. And also dvd+r dl drives shud b firmware moddable to dvd-r dl i think.

demoninside

In the zone
I guess blade is right if u want it urgent then go for DVD writer
coz combo or cd writter will be wastage of money,
bye something which keeps u atleast for some time in these rapid changes in technology.

theraven

Technomancer
u think just a firmware would upgrade it to dvd-r ?
man if there was just someway to confirm that
hmm
still guess its a better idea for US to wait for dvd-r
and yeah im sorry i didnt read the "URGENT" bit of the msg
my apologies

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Stay away from LiteOn DVD Writer. Go with Pioneer 108D which is based on NEC 3500A and is a kickass writer.It is available in Pune for as low as 5800/-
It is 16X, supports DL DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom