Rs 2000 for which pen drive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkt3000

Broken In
I am getting Rs 2000 to buy a pen drive . which pen-drive I should buy ? better if bigger in space .

i am thinking of sandisk or trancend but trancend is too costly i think ? hows some chinese made models ? are they good enough ?

Look I am not looking for any sequirity featues , I will just do some rapid data transfer . so the volume bigger will be more adv for me . :eek:
neither I am looking for the sexiest looking drive but smaller is the bertter because I want to have in as a keychain .
I am NOT looking for and mp3 option ....or any lcd option like that .

BUT performance should be good enough . I mean it should be a strong player in doing its primary job ./ :rolleyes:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
For little less than 2000, you should be able to get 4GB (Kingston, Transcend or Sandisk) or 8GB Chinese made. Dont go for Chinese one....they show fake capacity.

I know latest prices for 1GB and 2Gb since they sell mostly.

1GB Imation, Kingston, Sandisk - RS 400
2GB Kingston - Rs 725

But just a suggestion why not get a laptop drive in a external case....if you really need tons of space. A 100GB or 80GB would cost 1000 more though :)

San disk cruzer micro u3 is the answer buddy
Here is the data
Instead of rate stated by the vendor i am giving u actual test results(benchmarks by eminent sources)
Single file Read - 17.66 MB/s Write- 7.21 MB/s
Multiple file Read -14.22 MB/s Write- 6.24 MB/s
CPU Utilization % (By Everest 2006 Read/Write * 100 ) -14/5
I think this much data is enough to make it the leader in 4GB series
This pen drive is considered best in 1GB series as well
4 gb costs around 1800 rs.so buddy go wid it with ur eyes closed( not literally)
Good that u r not a features freak .....

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
1GB Imation, Kingston, Sandisk - RS 400
I went to nehru place(delhi), and the cheapest I could find was a sandisk for 475.

have the prices increased, coz I am thinking of buying a 4gb one.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Just check one model each of Kingston, Transcend and SanDisk 4 GB models and drop the one with the fastest writing rate per second into the shopping cart.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
once again, its out of my knowledge, that people are ready to buy a 4 GB Pen driver for Rs. 2000 for 4 GB Pen drive, but they dont consider the option of Laptop HDD + USB Casing,

80 GB Segate + Techcom USB portable Casing will cost Rs. 2400/- + TAX in Kolkata, thats Exact 2500/-, for which u get a Coool 80 GB Storaghe with USB plug and play...

and here is the size...

*img530.imageshack.us/img530/7141/untitledlf3.jpg

So if storage is the only reason one buying, then tell guys, Rs. 1800/- for a 4 GB or Rs. 2500 for a 80 GB ?? which one would be ur choise ??

yes certainly if one plans to run ready boost of Vista or rather keep the Page file in USB device for faster system performance, then Pen drive is the choise but for storage, sorry to sound rude, but really spending Rs. 1800 or 2000 for 4GB where as in Rs. 2500, 80 GB is available, sounds really dumb to me...

:(

Even this guy is selling 160GB + Casing for Rs. 3200 shiped... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=572210&postcount=9

sakumar79

Technomancer
I have a Sandisk Cruser, but I want to warn you before you purchase it of one thing - The Cruser has Avast U3 Edition pre-installed but it is valid for only 2 or 3 months - you have to pay and subscribe to keep the antivirus updated... Also, there is no write-protect lock. So, if you take your presentation file to a seminar and want to upload there, you will be vulnerable to virus attack if the computers there are infected... On the other hand, many other pen drives have the write-protect lock available. Even without the AV protection, they are better purchases (IMHO)...

Arun

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
amandeep86 said:
Well.. if you consider size, go for Pen Drive

Well u can call it a Palm drive :p and it is small enough to fit in ur Shirt pocket !!!! i did posted the picture of 80GB, the 160 GB is also same size just 1k costly !!! and just like USD Drive its Plug and play !!!

and thanks for the comments guys :D

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Yepp. HDD with USB casing is the best option, but it require much more care then a pen Drive. As pen Drive are smaller handling them is easy whereas Hdd is a little bigger and handling them and saving them from accidentle shocks is kinda hard when travelling.
Still Hdd with Usb connectors is a better way of transferring data.

moshel

Padawan
@Choto Cheeta.....are u saying that actually its a laptop HDD with an added casing????.........

where can i get more details for it?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
are u saying that actually its a laptop HDD with an added casing????.........

yes...

where can i get more details for it?

What other details do u need ?? can u be more specefic ??

Quiz_Master said:
As pen Drive are smaller handling them is easy whereas Hdd is a little bigger and handling them and saving them from accidentle shocks is kinda hard when travelling.

only thing which can cause real damage is really hard shakes while u are writing data one it !!! as the head is in touch with the Disk...

where as when dormant on accessed my one fell from my hands and my shirt pocket many times :p nothing happend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom