RPC 1 Firmware for the Samsung 616-S

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by TheDevil, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDevil

TheDevil New Member

Does any1 have the link to the most widely used DVD drive in india or in mumbai (wateva) :roll: The Samsung 616-S.I tried searching in almost all the Firmware sites there r but couldnt find it on any1 of them.If any1 knows where i could find it please help me.
    P.S:- Using DVD Region+CSS Free 5.2 right now.

2. Naga

Naga New Member

Try http://tdb.rpc1.org . I got the firmware for my Sony DVD Writer from there, but don't know if they will have ur model.

3. OP
    OP
    TheDevil

TheDevil New Member

Lol they have the fewest of the few samsung drives anywayz good site and thnx a looot for replying

Which Drive do u have hows it what speeds and is it Dual Layered Capable and whats the cost :p

4. Naga

Naga New Member

Its a Sony DRU 530 A 8X Dual writer. And, no, it doesn't support dual layer writing. I got it for around 12 k. Actually it used to write at (- dvd)4 X, but after the firmware update, it's giving 8 x in both formats. I mean it should, I have'nt been able to get my hands on any 8X media. Even Moser Baer does'nt manufacture 8 X DVD media! I have a firmware update (official) that might enable dual layer capability, but have'nt tried it as I'm waiting for a hacked version of the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.