Role Playing Games???

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj_4588

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys....

I'd like to know what are "role playing games".....Can u name a few 'Good' games of this genre!!!

regards
raj

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
go for RAGNAROK if ur bored with single player or ANARCHY ONLINE...
RPGs r great games for gameboys - pokemon for example...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
what sort of

What type of role u wanna play is the question
MAX PAYNE series- hero, and a movie type story
Total club manger- manegerial role
Rome total war- Conquest to be emeperor (sort of) role
Basically i cannot interpret the question as in each and every game ur playing some or the other role......ur always in the LEAD ROLE :lol: :wink:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@QwertyManiac

Then i think splinter cell is one of its kind , is that ri8, correct me if i am wrong.....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
does splinter cell work on gfoce 4 mx 4000, huh ?

I've never been able ta play it, so i cant correct u and y would i want to ny way, u r right in ur aspects and so am i in mine :D

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
U cannot talk about role playing game and not talk about Diablo? Surely, you must've nown that it is an Epic RPG?

I consider Splinter cell as a first/third person (tactical) shooter. But basically, any game involving a bit of a story, adventure and narrative is an rpg. So, in some way or other, most of the games have rpg elements.
Here's a wiki on rpg: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yea diabolo is a good one but with lotsa gore...

see the godfather vid ?

Too indecent...

p.s. the winamp install link on the cd interface doesnt work...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well to get u started with a combat type of RPG, u can go for DIABLO series....the first of the game in the Diablo series was DIABLO,then came DIABLO-II and then DIABLO-II Lord of Destruction(L.O.D)

If u r new to this game then let me assure u that u will love playing this game as this game really rocked the playing arena in the world in the mid 90's and its still the most sort after games for RPG.....

Rumours r that BLIZZARD Entrtainment (the developers of the DIABLO series,WARCRAFT series and STARCRAFT series) are planning to get out DIABLO-III but as of now only the patches of the DIABLO-II L.O.D,the latest patch for DIABLO-II L.O.D is 1.11 :) Much more abt this game any many others can be found at www.blizzard.com

cheers n e-peace.....

netcracker

Journeyman
There are many RPG's around.Here are few
Diablo series.
Dungeon Seige seris.
Warcraft(actually stratergy but is like RPG)
Freedom force series
Baldur's gate seris
Icewin dale
Fallout 1 and 2
Never winter knights.
KOTOR series.
Anachronox
Morrowind
Planescape: Torment

MMORPGS(Free) are
Ragnarok
Anarchy online.
:)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Out of MMORPG's I love Everquest 1 . By the way whats the cost of Diablo II and LOD here in India?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Pirates of the Carribbean .....
Final Fantasy ....
GTA San Andreas has some RPG elements ...

I's personally recommend Pirates of the Carribbean .. its probably the best i've played till now ....

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
exx_2000 said:
Out of MMORPG's I love Everquest 1 . By the way whats the cost of Diablo II and LOD here in India?
Diablo II Rs. 700
Diablo II Expansion Rs. 700
Diablo Battle Chest (Diablo I+II+Expansion) Rs. 1500

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Dungeon Siege is now a must buy for all RPG fans. The original game now retails for just Rs. 200. If you haven't played it before you must get it now. It's not too old either. I found the graphics much better than even GTA San Andreas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom