Rokr E6 , SEk790i or Nokia 5700 which one to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

In the zone
I have gone through lot of forum and a number of threads in this forum but i am still confused about which phone to buy

I have narrowed down my choices to these three :

1. Motorola ROKR E6
2. SE K790i
3. Nokia 5700

Listening music and watching videos would be my first priority

please help !!!

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
obviously k790i for Music and 3.2 MP Cybershot Camera
also buy good earphone for your k790i .. like original hmp 70 @ 1400 rs
or a Original Creative EP 630 @ 1400 /- Max

if u like touch screen then obs Rokr

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'll suggest going for 5700. Music playback is good and the phone comes with a very nice pair of headset with built-in remote control. Plus the phone has a nice display for video playback. You can rotate the keypad by 90 degree and keep the phone horizontally on the table and the phone and will be then be at a comfortable angle to view videos. Plus it has stereo speakers for better sound.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I can understand your dilemma. All those are pretty much closely priced. Ok, I won't suggest any particular phone but I'll list the features. I'm sure it'll help you decide:

1) N5700 : Symbian S60 OS meaning newer audio/video formats can be added by codecs, average camera.

2) SE K790i: Firmware OS (so only java apps can be installed), music quality 'almost' on par wid the walkman series, music formats supported: mp3, aac, aac+; video: 3gp, mp4 ONLY; the best camera phone outta every phone in that price range.

3) Moto E6: The cheapest and decent touch screen phone in that price range. More customisable than K790i but less than N5700 (due to less no. of linux apps compared to symbian s60 apps), most heavily modded phone (due to linux).

The ball is in your court now :)

@krazyfrog.
Offtopic: What happened to your old id?

sai_cool

Journeyman
go for the ROKR E6, more linux apps are being released everyday...

offtopic:
why would he delete it yaar? wat went wrong?

Pathik

Google Bot
I wd go for a 5700.. Video watching is the best with xvid avi.. mp4 isnt as good..
If not 5700 then go for the e6..
k790i wd be my last preference..

OP
J

juggler

In the zone
infra_red_dude said:
I can understand your dilemma. All those are pretty much closely priced. Ok, I won't suggest any particular phone but I'll list the features. I'm sure it'll help you decide:

1) N5700 : Symbian S60 OS meaning newer audio/video formats can be added by codecs, average camera.

2) SE K790i: Firmware OS (so only java apps can be installed), music quality 'almost' on par wid the walkman series, music formats supported: mp3, aac, aac+; video: 3gp, mp4 ONLY; the best camera phone outta every phone in that price range.

3) Moto E6: The cheapest and decent touch screen phone in that price range. More customisable than K790i but less than N5700 (due to less no. of linux apps compared to symbian s60 apps), most heavily modded phone (due to linux).

The ball is in your court now :)

@krazyfrog.
Offtopic: What happened to your old id?

Thanks for the suggestion
do modding E6 ROKR voids its waranty ?

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
hey juggler i was in same dilemma
and i had taken ROKR E6 ..and it simply rocks ....

Pros :
1. Very gud flat and big screen ...for movie,songs viewing
2. 3.5 mm jack stereophones (they arent as gud as SE W700i but u cud use any gud earphones of ur liking)
3. ultimate touch screen
4. Linux OS (can be heavily modded)
5. speaker sound very gud
6. QUAD band and EDGE can be unlocked

Cons:
1. list of songs in real player takes time to open (im w8ing to use xmms for this)
2. dust prone (have to use delicately)

personally i dont like the dabba type shape of 5700
thats hELLo MOTO :) ....

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Unfortunately ROKR E6 cannot play videos higher than 15fps. Even my W710i can play QVGA videos at 30fps.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
krazyfrog. said:
^^ Unfortunately ROKR E6 cannot play videos higher than 15fps. Even my W710i can play QVGA videos at 30fps.
Ever try ZMplayer?

juggler said:
Thanks for the suggestion
do modding E6 ROKR voids its waranty ?
Yes, modding is essentially doing what the manufacturer doesn't want you to do ;)

But shouldn't be a real problem if you go for service. Download some firmwares including the default one, and flash it back to the default before giving it in. Later mod back the hacks once you get it.

Last edited:
OP
J

juggler

In the zone
Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!! its becoming more and more difficult to choose any one of the phone. I think i will have to finally do an "Akkad Bakkad Bombay bo" to choose the phone

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
hitbox is the man who made me choose MOTO ROKR E6..thanks HITBOX :)
juggler yaar ankhein band kar ke ROKR le le .........

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
esumitkumar said:
hitbox is the man who made me choose MOTO ROKR E6..thanks HITBOX :)
juggler yaar ankhein band kar ke ROKR le le .........
Whoa...whoa..hold it! I didn't convince you, I just helped your understand the E6 ;)
esumitkumar said:
Cons:
1. list of songs in real player takes time to open (im w8ing to use xmms for this)
2. dust prone (have to use delicately)
1. Delete all the inbuilt DRM songs from your mmc. Also be sure to have each of your song properly tagged., ie., artist, album etc
2. Use a screenguard for the touchscreen, get an original one, around 300Rs.

infra_red_dude said:
There's nothing impossible in a Linux-based phone :)
As long as you stay in the hardware limit zone ;)

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
infra_red_dude said:
There's nothing impossible in a Linux-based phone :)
Yeah but its more of a hardware problem and not software one. The processor, i think is not fast enough for 30fps video playback.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
krazyfrog, man, I told you, I am playing 30fps videos using ZMplayer, and tell you what, its a quicktime video. Does your SE play quicktime? I don't think so. Does it play ogg? I don't think so. There are many other things like these....

Nevermind, not a competition between ours phone, just some exchange of information ;)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^
1. I read on some other forum where a guy said that his E6 cannot play 30fps video smoothly. So assumed it was a hardware problem. Turns out that the problem was with the default video player.

2. I never wanted to compare my phone with yours. I know my phone is not a smartphone and hence would always lag behind yours.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
krazyfrog said:
You opened the doors for comparison here.;) Cheers

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
hitbox.champion said:
You opened the doors for comparison here.;) Cheers
You mistook the meaning of Even there. The Even i used was to mean that even my W710i which is a rather basic phone can playback 30fps video which the E6 despite being such a good phone lacks. It was not meant to mean W710i is superior, quite the opposite actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom