.rmvb converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd4spd

Broken In
although don't get a single software for it, i know a method to convert rmvb to avi
for it u need to have virtualdub mod, avisynth.
i don't remember the whole procedure, gotta search for the saved page in my old pc.
i will reply u later.

nd4spd

Broken In
here it is

first: make a notepad file in the same folder in which u have the file to be converted. (be sure to name the notepad file as the same as the file to be converted, i.e if u want to convert the file called "CD1.rmvb" rename the notepad file to "CD1.avs", .avs is the extention of the file.)
second: now open the "CD1.avs" file in notepad and write

DirectShowSource("D:\movies\CD1.rmvb", fps=29.97, convertfps=true)

here it is assumed that the file to be converted is placed in "D" drive, under "movies" folder.

now install avisynth v2.56 and virtualdub mod 1.5.10.2 ( i don't know about other versions but i used them) & realalternative 1.4.7

now just open the virtualdub mod open the file "CD1.avs"
go to videos\compressions, and select the compression codec ( i used Divx)
goto streams\stream list, right click on the "source", select full compression mode, then again right click on it, now select "compression..", and choose which ever audio compression u want ( i choose "mpeg layer-3", now choose the bitrate, and say ok.
if u want more mp3 bitrate options (such as 192Kbps, 44000Hz, stereo or even more download LAME mp3 converter)

so after u set all the parameters, just go in "file" tab, and click on "save as", specify the location, give file name, OK.

thats all, tell me, if u want any more help. ;)

OP
maharajadhiraj

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Thanx a lot pal. I haven't tried it yet, but shall do so shortly. Reply to you after I try it out. THANX anyways for your troubles. :) :)

nd4spd

Broken In
mr. chota
if u want to convert rmvb to vcd, u can convert rmvb to avi by the method i told u, and then convert the avi to dat file, by any other software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom