Ripping like aXXo & DiAMOND?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya1987

Extheist
Hello Guys & gals (if any)!

aXXo & DiAMOND rips are awesome. How do they rip movies at such high quality and low file size? All their rips and almost lossless, moreover the size of the movie 700 MB, which can e fitted on 1 CD.

Can someonecan please tell me the method used by aXXo & DiAMOND to rip the movies.

Thanks, you king help will be greatly appriciated. :)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Use DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD to the hard disk.
Use AutoGK to covert the movie to XviD. This is by far the easiest software to use.
A guide for doing the same can be found here www.doom9.org

Until you understand the basics stay away from VirtualDub and such software which will only confuse you.

OP
aditya1987

aditya1987

Extheist
How good is this method?

*www.bobsomers.com/articles/encoding-dvds-to-high-quality-movie-files-with-xvid-and-ac3-2/

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
@aditya....first thing first the movies are encoded with a lossy algo...so they aint lossless...u may feel bcos the quality is good....they probably use xvid or divx codec...i got no idea how the codecs work internally(algo)....u may try from the above mentioned site by drvarun....

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
aditya1987 said:
How good is this method?

*www.bobsomers.com/articles/encoding-dvds-to-high-quality-movie-files-with-xvid-and-ac3-2/
You can try that method but it involves doing everything manually. AutoGK will do essentially the same thing but with a wizard-like interface. First use AutoGK and get used to encoding movies, then you can move on to more complex software which will give you greater contol over the quality.

By the way, the site you mention will use the AC3 codec for sound which takes up a lot of space leaving less for the video. I suggest you use MP3 for the sound so that the video quality isn't compromised.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
QwertyManiac said:
aXXo and DiAMOND are two groups that release XViD versions of DVD-RIPs online. Illegal ofcourse.

There are also groups such as Merciful.Release and ALLiANCE

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok i tired using gordian knot and followed the steps as on doom9.net .
But i still get the size about 900 MB . HOw do they rip it to 700 MB with practically no loss !! ?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
techtronic said:
Then what do u do ? Buy Original DVDs is it

What do u think ..i will waste 8hrs for downloading movies:shock:...INstead go to some VCd shop and hire the movie dvd for just 30 bucks...That will just take me only 10 mins to get the movie...Watch it and if its gud just copy it ur HDD and later rip it if u feel its quality is sad and i am very strict regarding downloading movies .I download only when the movie hasnt been released in india for some reason or if any movie copy isnt available anywhere near my place for some crap reason;)

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
rakeshishere said:
What do u think ..i will waste 8hrs for downloading movies:shock:...INstead go to some VCd shop and hire the movie dvd for just 30 bucks...That will just take me only 10 mins to get the movie...Watch it and if its gud just copy it ur HDD and later rip it if u feel its quality is sad and i am very strict regarding downloading movies .I download only when the movie hasnt been released in india for some reason or if any movie copy isnt available anywhere near my place for some crap reason;)

aah piracy of different sorts !!

btw no one answered my query yet ...

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
The problem with Virtual Dub , is it cant parse vids which have scratches /interruptions ... Gknot is fine .. but sometimes complicated.. if you use simple options the file size dosent reduce much ..

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
rakeshishere said:

Thats where aXXo and DiAMOND rips rock.:)
They are always of ultimate quality and most of them are
Director's Cuts Print:cool:

The file size entirely depend on the audio codec you choose AC3 on one hand consumes about 30% of file size for that extra clarity and MP3 on the other hand consumes little but leading to a bit of loss in audio:)

The Ripping method u use also depends on the movie length
A movie of more than 2 hour duration requires a 2 CD (2*700 MB) Rip thereby giving DVD-Like Video Quality and required Audio Quality:)

Enjoy Ripping:cool:

Last edited:

upendra_gp

In the zone
I used GordianKnot with a bitrate of 800kbps to rip MI-3 and I got excellent quality. When using Gordian Knot always see to it that the bits per pixel is over 0.180 for better quality.Also increase the bitrate to increase that also you can reduce the resolution. The best quality can be achieved by cutting the end credits. And then encoding it. I can guide if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom