Ripping In WINAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinsujais

Broken In
Hi

I am using Winamp 5.12. I heard that we can use winamp for ripping an audio cd. But I don't know how to rip and there is no option in the winamp. Please help me in ripping an audio cd.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
AFAIK WMP (Windows Media Player) will be a much better option for ripping even if u dnt wanna listen to songs using this player.

Cheers n e-peace.....

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Set the ripping preferences in Options -> Preferences -> General Preferences -> CD Ripping. And you can rip the cd using the media library..

mvishnu

Broken In
think you;ll need to register or someting, befor yu ripp,

b4 regis. the option will be grayed out or something

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Nope... Registration only increases the speed of ripping. Otherwise u r limited to 8x only..

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I think winamp professional only allows ripping. I had the same problem ripping .cda files from cds i had purchased because i wanted to save it on the hard disk of my computer. So i went to google and got dbpoweramp. Why don't you try it? I think it is perfect and free and small (2.1 mb)

Link> for the site www.dbpoweramp.com
or for a direct link to the download page: *www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

::vicky::

In the zone
Ramakrishnan said:
Try Audiograbber from *www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

very true audiograbber is best

@ ashu : windows media player is also the best option if you dont want to install any software

rohan

In the zone
First u need to setup the stage for CD Ripping by setting Winamp up the way you want, by going to Options>Preferences>General Preferences>CD Ripping {or somewhat like that}. Once you've done that, u can rip CDs this way:

1. Insert a CD that has tracks you want to transfer to your computer hard drive.

2. Open the View menu in the Winamp main window and click Library.

3. On the right side of the Media Library, click on your CD drive within the Devices list. You may have to double-click Devices to see your list of devices. A numbered list of tracks appear in the track list.

4. If you want to rip some of the tracks on your CD, select the tracks you want to rip in the track list. You can keep Ctrl pressed down to select more than one track.

5. Open the Rip menu and click one of the following:

6. Rip selected tracks: Click this to rip the tracks currently selected in the track list.

7. Rip all tracks: Click this to rip all of the tracks on your CD, regardless of the currently selected tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom