RHEL 5: The first 21st Century Operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols of Linux-Watch reports about the latest release of Redhat Enterprise Linux and he is all praise for the product. The heartening fact is that this is the same guy who earlier reported that RHEL 5 Beta was in terrible shape and needed lots of work to get into any shape at all. Now, with the final release he seems highly satisfied and goes on to say that it is probably the first (and only?) 21st Century operating system.
When you consider RHEL 5's virtualization and storage cost savings, its high-end security and improved application support, you have to agree that this Linux is a serious challenger for any server replacement you may be considering. Solaris, Server 2003, AIX, whatever: RHEL 5 is the first 21st century operating system. All companies from the smallest mom-and-pop shop to the largest global enterprise should give it some serious consideration.
More: Four good reasons to switch to RHEL 5

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
so, whats new? IpV6 ? it's for Offices & server use right, so whats the benifit of upgrading to it.

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
so, whats new? IpV6 ? it's for Offices & server use right, so whats the benifit of upgrading to it.
You wanted to reply to this thread or did you accidentally post here? :confused: IpV6? Whats the benefit of upgrading for whom? If you intended to reply to this thread; did you read the link I provided?

Last edited:

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
They have also introduced a new client edition for Desktops. And I think they'll sell individual licenses for it, too. CentOS, however, is good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom