rewritable cd limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
hi guys,i want to know is there any limitation for rewritable cd(erasing and writing). how many times i can write a data on rewritable cd because my rewritable cd is not erasing.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
it basicaaly depends on how u handle it and all
it also has a magnetic field which when handled roughly will render the cd useless .. or as in ur case doesnt allow erasing it

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Hardly practical.. Practically you can expect it to re-write 100-150 times.. Not more than that..

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ya kalpik says right i wrote my sony cd-rw for about 150 times. thats all i expect from a cr-rw @35.per write cost per cycle is just zero.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@kl_ravi: I dont think there is any limit to the number of sessions. Just that each session takes around 2 MB, so even if u dont write anything, it will write 2 MB per session.. So that limits the number of session to around 300.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
rahul_becks 23 said:
i have not got a more than 10 times usable rewritable CD.........lol.
how do u handle the cds. Thats the only ques tat arises. Burn tem at 4x, they work good at tat speeds.

Further I bought a sony cd 3 yrs back, working still in the finest condition for me. Though, I dont use it frequently these days.

go_gamez

In the zone
but as u write and write and then use it many times..and again erase and write..in such a process ...the cd gets scratches and all u cant prevent it..after 35-50 such write-read-erase process the cd almost becomes unreadable and devlopes lots of scratches !!

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
@vijay, i was a bit confused. What has a magnetic field got to do with laser discs?

Anyway, I am using both a moserbaer and a sony rw disc for the past 2 years. I had once thrown both of them into the dustbin but retrieved them later for some urgent work. both are full of scratches though the protective layer on which we write is still intact . And wonder of wonders both of them still work though all writing software take a good 2 to 3 minutes on something called 'closing session'. Just lucky i guess.

Peace.

when u share the CDs with friends,it of-course will frm scratch time-to-time.
Those who keep the CDs in their utmost safest place will only be able to write more than 10 to 20 times.
And am not that type of guy,who keeps everything safe........i just dont care.
Some friends takes the CDs and it rarely comes back to me,and even if it comes back to me....it will not be usable for more than a few 5 to 6 times more...lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom