[REVIEW] Sygate personal Firewall and Firewall 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

anomit

In the zone
Recently I came accross a new firewall software called WyvernWorks Firewall 2004. I think those having problem with ZoneAlarm or Sygate should try this out. It is the most stable firewall I have used in recent times. It is fully customisable and sports an Internet Lock similar to Zone Alarm.

If you have read about my previous review about Enigma Firewall,I would like to add that though it is quite explicit it would become a headache after some time. You have to confirm each and every single connection every second or millisecond shall I say!!!

Whenever there is an intrusion threat, this software flashes it immediately. No delay. No hang ups. All complete with the network details.

It even blocked an POP3 access attempt(whatever it is).

Moving onto Sygate Personal Firewall, it blew off whatever protection ZoneAlarm was offering to me. And let me warn you, it is SLOW LIKE HELL. Once you install it, get ready for a journey through hell. It will slow fown your computer. My Firefox wanted to access the internet. It displayed the message requesting for confirmation after almost 5-6 minutes!!!!! It provides no protection from attacks though it claims so. All rubbish stuff such as ISTbar, SideFind,SlotchBar,MediaAccess got installed. If you are having plenty of time and loads of patienc and tons of Computing power then only use it. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR AVERAGE USER

*www.wyvernworks.com/screenshots/Firewall.gif

swatkat

Technomancer
nice one :) , but you could have given some more info about the software like features available, customising options etc. And, it looks better if you "divide" the review into seperate parts like User interface, Features/Setting up, Inbound Protection and Outbound Protection and then Conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom