Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I am using NAV 05 v11.0.1.3, latest update with winXP SP2

Now while searching the TC++ installation folder NAV hangs & XP throes up the usual system crash warning saying that the NAV has uncounted a problem & has shut down. NAV it self also gives an error massage saying that the NAV hasn’t been installed properly. I have tried by reinstalling & repairing it but the problem persists. After excluding the problem folder NAV has successfully scanned the full system.

By the way NAV 05 has a new internet worm protection. At the time of installation NAV suggested to turn off the windows fire-wall which I didn’t, is this going to cause any problem? & should I turn off windows fire-wall??

Another thing is NAV is not communicating properly with windows security center. As in the time of installation NAV 05, its virus definition release date was much let. I updated it after 2 days. Between that time security center reported that the NAV system status is alright & definition is up-to-date although NAV main window is displayed that it needs urgent attention & threw the auto update window.

& auto protect doesn’t seems to work properly. Like, NAV is detecting adware in a (*.zip) file. But amazingly it’s allowing me to unzip the file. But AVG 7.0.290 which was installed earlier doesn’t allowed me to unzip the file.

In the end, after reading lots of news reviews about NAV 05 I expected it to consume less system resources than previous versions. But I was disappointed to see it takes almost same amount of resource & thus slows the system down.

Any tips, comments or suggestion??

allindrome

Journeyman
Well,I am using Norton Internet Security 2005 which takes care of my antivirus,firewall and everything else related to internet security.Also the LiveUpdate feature means that I get even my Norton Systemworks 2005 updated simultaneously.Couldn't ask for more.Atleast it is better than remembering what to update each time and I wouldn;t have to download the entire firewall package as in Zone Alarm to update.Well this is what I call a all-in-one package.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Hello mate.
Looks like you having a tough time with NAV. But my experience has been quite good. In fact I use SystemWorks and Internet Security too. All these are great. They are the best when it somes to PC Security and maintainence.

H

h4ck3r

@ indyan : sorry m8 i have to disagree with yo stmt becoz mcafee deserves the credit unlkie norton..
and condemn kaspersky..i fully rely on avg and mcafee 2004..da best lol

goobimama

 Macboy
nav good

nav is quite good. Doesn't give me any problems whatsoever. Personally, I think it is because i use firefox. Damn that browser is safe.

Milind

geek_rohit

In the zone
Man i'm surprised to know that Norton is disliked by so many people. I have had a very good XPerience of Norton. Infact I have Norton AniVirus, SystemWorks and they are performing very well. I have been using the Symantec products from the day I understood what's a virus.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Thats probably because you arent infect by an AV which norton doesnt detect. NAV is a pain. Forget its inability to catch 10% of the viruses out there . Its such a resource hog! And NAV2004 is a mess. It's extremely buggy which has been reported in their site too. NAV is not really worth it. I switched over to Kaspersky and I am loving it ;)

As far as System works goes, turn on the system monitor and thats one more resource hog. Speed Disk is not the best defrag out there. There are better ones such as O&O defrag. Norton Disk Doctor is really good tho. Probably their saving grace!

Thier firewall is something to be joked about...sheesh...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
man i'm so confuse....

what to use..... there is so many option about AVS.....

i hard KAV is the best option.... now i can see there is KAV 5.0 & KAV 4.5
which one is better???? i have just installed KAV 5.0 & its shoing almost 2h+ for a full system scan..... boy its slower than NAV 05 which takes around 15mins+ to scan my full system.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom