Review My Website !

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I have been working on this !!
check out my site and let me know how it is

*www.akshayy.com/sonyericsson/

its about SE hacking .. the content in there takes hell of time !!

let me know your suggestions and comments !

Thanks !!

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
content is like original
all tutorials written by me .. from my knowledge

hmm domain very easy to mis type.... then that sucks
but i thought many times about it.. never thought it this way

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
What is 'like' original ?
And yes, the domain name is just too easy to mis-type.

If you have registered the domain for only one year, I would suggest buying another one.

Now,

1. Home page - I didn't like that welcome greeting. It does not make a good impression when you pass out your website URL to people and they visit you to find the homepage itself under construction. I suggest enlarge that screenshot and use it as a hyperlink to your SE folder.

2. Removing that 'Powered by Wordpress' is not such a good idea, though its is not illegal or violoating the license.

3. When you have an elegant contact form at *www.akshayy.com/sonyericsson/contact/, you should get rid of *www.akshayy.com/contact.html. The second one looks too crappy. Does not go with the image your wordpress blog created!

Thats all from me for now, will tell you more later when I find.
BTW I need to know these:
1. Who is the target audience of the blog? I mean amateurs who are ready to risk their SE handsets, etc etc

2. What is your purpose of blogging(I hope it isn't generating revenue with Adsense,etc, atleast in this initial stage!)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
you could hav moved the recent posts and recent comments to extreme right.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
rohan shenoy .. thanks for your ideas

domain name.. i can't help much .. could not get a better idea..!! if domain sucks.. then is really bad :(

yes main page under construction idea sucks.. i removed it.!!

in main page i guess i will add more links..!! to other stuff. i hope this not a problem to google ..!!

Actually i never removed powered by wordprees or something , it was never there.. i don't even know how to add it .. i think i hv to edit footer thing. i will try.. just hope i don't mess it up . hehe

infact i got hold of a very good contact form here
sadly i had to spend a day to learn how to install it .. but i still could not install it. check this out.

*green-beast.com/gbcf-v3/

my failed installation .. try to submit something wrong .. and see what happens.. LOL
*www.akshayy.com/contact.xhtml

Target audience is All sony ericsson users who have a little bit of interest in tech and modding.
my tutorials ususally don't risk any one handsets because they are very well written. because i write it for complete newbs

adsense ?? i don't think any will click on it.. i will try it.. how to create money apart from that ??

this is like extra curricular activity. if i can make money them great .. i will be happy and give credits to my teacher at my site. any one interested in teaching me ??

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
nice site.. try something related to product or common name.. so that it will be easy for others to remember...

just like digg,popurls,etc..

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
dman it i just got to know the site was not visible properly in Internet Explorer
now i fixed it by removing recent posts widget

damn it .. 5 days it was that way.. sucked .. dman it.. really sick

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
dman it i just got to know the site was not visible properly in Internet Explorer
now i fixed it by removing recent posts widget

damn it .. 5 days it was that way.. sucked .. dman it.. really sick
see believe my intuition :D

Btw that widget at top hides the main content, u have to scroll to see whats below. And thats kinda irritating.

Checkout some heatmaps of webpages and design accordingly, a nice GUI can be marred by bad features and layout.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
i dint get you
the recent pots at top is a feature of the theme .. it cannot be changed

but i had also created a Recent Posts widget at the side bar
that ruined everything for IE Users .. for the first crucial days of the site
that totally sucks man...
in first 3-4 days 640 hits check out

i started it on jan 10th .. but i did not tell everyone about till jan 13th

i am not really feeling sick of this problem coz IE users had a bad experience .. !! In Firefox it was visible very well . same in opera

you are right .. it hides content .. but can't help .. hv to take risk
its a nice theme

now i am really sick of tht recent post widget i had created. i am now going to sleep.. it really ruined it. ruined the grand opening .. coz people were waiting for that site. :(

i now hate IE .. just hate it to hell now going to bash gx and imav for IE.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
somethings wrong here:

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/4605/1.jpg

Recent post and search box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom