Review : Dr. Divx

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolsarode

Broken In
Dr. Divx 1.0.6 :-

All of us know that how big the DVD files can be and to store them, we require a huge capacity Hard disk.
So the best way is to convert such files to avi format to have no video quality loss but getting lower file size.

There are many tools for converting video files to lower sizes.
This tool in particular can convert following files to avi format in a very simple way and at a fast speed :-
avi, vob, ts, mpg, dat, mov and avs.

While the output will be in only avi.

Dr. divx bundle is a small exe file of only 9 MB, the installation is nice and the setup has all the required utilities such as:

Divx pro codec v 5.2.1
Divx player v 2.6
ofcourse with the Dr.Divx itself

Other than encoding, its features include live capture from TV (if you have a TV-tuner) and also it can import files from a digital camera.

While the best feature remains Encoding.

Select the input video file and then you can keep the audio with it or use some other audio track from the other file. The audio can also be previewed in the same window.

Next are the output file settings.
Novice users can directly encode from here, and advanced users can select the various options as per the requirement.
The default settings are good enough for encoding but they can be easily changed.
The settings are divided into 2 sections as Basic and advanced.
The new features added in this version were the option between VBR and CBR audio and the video quantization type.

If you are done with the settings, Just click on the encode button and wait till it does its job.

Specifications:
PIII 500, 128MB RAM, 8 MB Video Card, Minimum 24-bit color, DirectX 8 or later

Price: $49.99

Link to download the 15 day trial : *www.download.com/Dr-DivX-Video-Encoding-Bundle/3000-2194_4-10318469.html?tag=lst-0-1

Not available on the official site, as the newer version is under production.

For:
Easy to use, Fast and Enough features.
Best for converting a vob file.

Against:
Output only in avi.
Converts single file at a time.
Though DVD's default settings were good but for VCD's they are just not enough.
Can require a dvd decrypting software if the dvds are protected.
I personally feel that the older version (1.0.4) was better.

This is an Original review.
Nothing copied from other sites except the link.

Amol Sarode

Sorry, if it lacks the expert look, coz this is the first time I am doing such kind of stuff.

"This is my first post on thinkdigit"

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Dr. Divx OSS 2 beta 7 is out and it's free... works well (no time 2 write a full review 2 busy playing astonia III :lol: )

*labs.divx.com/node/27

Use a real browser: Get firefox today

parthbarot

In the zone
ya but make a movie with this and make with VirtualDub/Flaskmpeg and compare the results...
i done that and found that VDUB/FMPEG is good then Dr.Divx..quality and size bot wise...
Dr.Divx is useless if u want to use other codec...

regards,
Parth.

------------------------------
*www.blogcharm.com/parthbarot

hafees

In the zone
i believe dr.divx is the fastest one when encoding into divx format. It is also the easiest. All you need is select your source. And it is free and open source now. SO we can expect more.

VirtualDub is great for all video encoding jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom