geforce fx 5200 (tv out)
samsung
cd rom and cd writer

a onida video cassette recorder (VHS)

sugest me what hardware as well as sofware i would need to do the above

sailendra

Journeyman
well tanya,

Take a look below for some video editing software (commercial)
*www.softlandmark.com/VideoEditing.htm

Here is the procedure to do it:

*experts.about.com/q/2858/3333529.htm
Expert:Invisibleman
Date:1/4/2004
Subject:VHS TAPE TO DVD

Question
Hi I have a library of std VHS tapes which I would like to transfer to DVD. I do not as yet have a DVD burner, but with the rapidly declining
cost and the now low cost DVD discs it now seems an attractive idea. I have noticed much publicity
re using a CD burner,accepting the lower quality,
as a viable alt.?? How does one feed an analogue signal into a digital burner?? thx ken

Answer
Hi Ken

Convert VHS Tapes Into DVDs/VCDs

Do you have lots of old VHS tapes at home that are taking up too much space? Are you concerned that VHS tapes will downgrade over time? If so, then your answer the answer to your problem is PowerProducer. With the use of PowerProducer, in conjunction with a CD or DVD burner, you can now convert your precious old VHS tapes into long-lasting DVD/VCDs, complete with menus and chapters.

Tools you Need:

Before you start transferring your videotapes into movie DVDs or CDs, you will need to be sure you have the following tools/equipment to help you do the conversion. Here is what you will need:

VCR: You will need to have your VCR connected to your PC
* Video Capture Card: To capture the video from the VCR you will need a capture device. Click here to view a list of compatible capture cards for PowerProducer.
* Composite (RCA) Video Cables (with yellow connectors)
* And of course, your precious VHS Tapes
* To burn your videos on to discs, you need to have a DVD or CD Burning Drive. The PowerProducer web pages have information on compatible DVD and CD burning drives.

Steps for converting VHS Tapes in to DVDs/VCDs:

Step 1: Connect your VCR to the PC capture card

Put your VHS tape into your VCR and then connect the video cables from your VCR to the video capture card on your PC. All you have to do is connect one end to the "Video OUT" port on your VCR, and connect the other end to the "Video-IN" port on your capture card.
Example: The picture on the right only demonstrates how the stereo wire should be connected, so be sure your capture card and card driver is properly installed on your PC. (Click on image to enlarge)

Step 2: Launch PowerProducer

Then open up your PowerProducer Program and select the output disc format you want to output your VHS tape contents to. PowerProducer gives you four options: VCD, DVD, SVCD, and MiniDVD.

Step 3: Capture Video

1. If your device is properly connected and your VCR is turned on, then select VCR as your capture source in the Capture Menu.
2. Select Composite Video as your Video signal.
3. Select Video as your Audio source.
4. Then hit the Record button to start recording.
Note: To navigate the contents on your VHS tape, you need to use the navigation controls for your VCR.

Step 4: Preview and Author Movie Menus (optional)

In the preview menu, you can create movie menus, set movie chapters, add a firstplay video, and more. For more information on how to Author your movie, please click here.

Step 5: Burn to Disc

The final stage is to output your video to disc. Simply type in the name
of your disc and specify the number of copies you would like to make.
Then just click on "Burn" to start burning your disc.

If you don't have a CD or DVD burner with you, you can also choose to save your movie as a Disc Image or as a DVD Folder, and then burn it at a later time.

* Disc Image: To save as a Disc image, PowerProducer will save the whole set of data and program contents of the movie DVD/CD as one large single file. Then when you have a DVD/CD burner connected to your PC, you can just load the disc image into PowerProducer, and then burn your movie onto a disc.
* DVD Folder: This is where PowerProducer saves all the independent files required for your movie onto your hard drive. Then when you are ready to burn your movie onto DVD/CD, you can simply burn your movie to DVD/CD using PowerProducer, or any disc burning program available on your PC.
:)

OP
R

RAIDERS

Right off the assembly line
Hey Iam Tanya
well about my post
sailendra thanks for the help
now a litle bit of more help
could you suggest me some Good capture cards
thanks

sailendra

Journeyman
Try this link:

Code:
*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/index.jsp?file=subsection&section=Peripherals&id=545&subsection=TV%20Tuners%20and%20Video%20Capture%20cards
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom