Retaining Program Icon associated to file(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl75

Broken In
Hi ALL,
Recently i uninstall & re-install opera browser. Everthing went fine.. execpt that now ".html" files dont show up opera icon associated to them. See this link "*i134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/blackpearl75/fileassociation1.jpg". Though the .html/.htm files are opening in opera. i want to retain association back. In the image u can see "blue box" -- opera program icon is missing, in all "red boxes" i have checked all possible ways of retaining back my program icon association i.e. in Folder Option/Open With /Registry Editor Dialog Box(s).
How to do that...pals :confused:
Regards..

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
Yes indyan, pathiks is Right ....under Opera-->Tools-->Pref-->Advanced-->Programs-->Details -- files types handled by Opera my checkbox is SELECTED for HTML documents. But the problem is still there.

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
Hi ALL,
I tried to solve the problem on my now...but to no avail...i guess i Must need the help of others...Guys its been 4 days and i am able to solve my problem...helpppppppp....plzzzzzzzz
Regards.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Sometimes, it can happen... Try this... Reset file association for HTML files to IE... You can do this with the registry file zipped in *www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/html_association_fix.zip

Then, restart system. Now, reallocate HTM files to Opera using Opera's Preferences... Hopefully, your pages will now have correct image.

Arun

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
*img412.imageshack.us/img412/8974/changeiconls9.th.jpg

Try this ^^

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options
Click on File type
Scroll down to HTML, Click on Advanced
Click on Change Icon .. Find the icon file ( open Opera.exe in the next screen )
Apply ..Ok ..

Phew .. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom