Retaining formatting in word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillnow

Broken In
Hi guys,
I'm using office 2007, there is a document in automatic(black) font... and i wish to add notes in red font. Whenever i goto other parts of the document, the automatic font comes back on... and i have to change to red everytime i change places in the document.
Help me out.
Thanks,

Cmon..
dosent even a single person know?
I know its a very stupid lack of knowledge in my part.. :p
Please help.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
wat do u mean by d terms go to other parts of d document and change places in d document

do u mean 2 say dat 4 ex if u change color of a font on pg1 and then go 2 pg6, then come back 2 pg1 d changed font color goes back 2 automatic? never heard of such a thing happenin.

y don't u do a save as immediatel after u make changes d first time and then any subsequent changes in d same document do Ctrl+S. d document is probably read only or sumthin' [doesn't sound like it, still]
plz elaborate

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
ya thanks for replying.
Its not a read only file.. the thing is in word, if u start typing between some text.. the new text which we type, is automatically formatted like the original. Its not when i change pages but whenever i get the cursor in any other place.. the formatting gets back to the original. I want this not to happen and insert text anywhere with red font.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
there will be a setting for styles or formatting of Comments in Track changes or something. It is there in word 2000. I don't have word 2007 so can't say.

sakumar79

Technomancer
As ilugd says, you should be looking at the Track Changes feature... I use OOo, but I think that feature is similar in both OOo and Word. It highlights the changes you make in the document. Additions are in different colors, lines you delete are striked out instead of deleted, etc...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom