restriction for user account

Status
Not open for further replies.

suraj

Journeyman
hi guys
(1) is there any police to restrict "user" , so that they can't make any user giving any password?
(2)one user will be there so that anyone can use it but couldnot give any password for that perticular "usser accnt".
all computers having the configuration "xp sp-2"

sakumar79

Technomancer
You can restrict users from creating new users by setting it in gpedit.msc (Edit: You can also do this by making the account into Limited Account type instead of Power User or User)

You can restrict user from changing password through Computer Management(compmgmt.msc)->Users->Rightclick on user and setting property

Arun

Last edited:
OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
Can u be more specific about the queries?

@vishal
there is a "computer-lab". students are comming and they make different users ,instead of opening the recomonded users.and also what they are doing they also give the password for that recomonded "user", i mean we have built one user to login the system for all persons.so at every classes i have to open as admini. then delete it.so it is veru irritating. every system runs xp with sp-2.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Query solved by arun.................
However it seems to me that ur fade up…….. from ur students as they mk useless files and change c: settings...............
Therefore i suggest u to restrict ur c: and use DeepFreeze ……..as it will not only restrict ur students from changing the settings but it will also restore the data in the next restart for ur computer……………….

For more info in DeepFreeze visit the given link……………
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48132

OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
Ron said:
Query solved by arun.................
However it seems to me that ur fade up…….. from ur students as they mk useless files and change c: settings...............
Therefore i suggest u to restrict ur c: and use DeepFreeze ……..as it will not only restrict ur students from changing the settings but it will also restore the data in the next restart for ur computer……………….

For more info in DeepFreeze visit the given link……………
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48132

@ron
do computer administrator can change the features only?

You can restrict user from changing password through Computer Management(compmgmt.msc)->Users->Rightclick on user and setting property

Arun

@sakumar ,(1) i opened all keys and subkeys of user configuration , on going "gpedit.msc, but i could not get any conclusion.pl give me brief description.
(2)though i have mentioned that there is a comp.lab ,and every pc runs over win xp ,with sp -2. there is no option "properties " in the user too.
has it to be done on server? .description needs.

Last edited:

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
suraj said:
@ron

hey buddy,

Any one can change the features or save a file if password provided..............

For an ex
if u lock a particular drive with deepfreeze(ex c:\)
then u wont be able to save the file and change the seetings of that c:\ until and utill u deactivate it by applying password.............

Ron

sakumar79

Technomancer
1. Go to Control Panel->Users and select the user... Select Change account type and set it to Limited Account.
2. Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management. Under System Tools->Local Users and Groups->Users, double click on desired user. Set the check mark on "User cannot change password" and "Password never expires"

EDIT: The second option may not work well in Win XP Home Edition.

Arun

OP
S

suraj

Journeyman
sakumar79 said:
1. Go to Control Panel->Users and select the user... Select Change account type and set it to Limited Account.
2. Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management. Under System Tools->Local Users and Groups->Users, double click on desired user. Set the check mark on "User cannot change password" and "Password never expires"

EDIT: The second option may not work well in Win XP Home Edition.

Arun

thanks alot

hey buddy,

Any one can change the features or save a file if password provided..............

For an ex
if u lock a particular drive with deepfreeze(ex c:\)
then u wont be able to save the file and change the seetings of that c:\ until and utill u deactivate it by applying password.............

Ron

very good tracking
thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom