restore pc in 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
You require Acronis True Image Ver 9.00
Install the above
make a bootable Cd as described in Acronis True Image v 9
Make a Secure Zone(details in the software itself)
create back ups(details in the software itself)
it will ask you the name and folder. don't choose any folder. instead choose the above Secure Zone
choose all default settings
Now you have securedly locked away all your system in in image file
when you cannot boot into the system or when you your PC is infested with viruses which cannot be cleaned, use the Acronis Boot Cd to boot. After booting, the programme will ask you whether to use the full system. Choose full and restore and point to the Secure Zone. It will be just 5-10 minutes depending upon the amount of software intalled by you. I had 6 GB of Software plus Win xp Pro and it restored in 10 minutes.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Ghost & Acronis True Image both good ..
Acronis ver.9.0 makes a bootable cd, which is user friendly & very easy to use

twisted_mind

Broken In
I'm happy with Ghost but i use it as a secondary safety net. For ultra quick restore incase of a virus,bad software etc i use Norton Goback 4. Nothing beats the speed,simplicity n effectiveness of Goback.

go4saket

You dont need any software to restore your OS... Check this guide...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41071

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
go4saket said:

First of all How can one take backup of one os from another in the same PC? I am given to understand that one cannot see another os's folders in the current OS. Moreover the method advocated by you looks very cumbersome.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@dIgItaL_BrAt

True .. thats why i shifted to Acronis now .. earlier i had 1.4GB file with ghost, but with acronis only .8GB :wink:

although it takes 5min more
if u choose the compression rate to maximum .. but its worth.

Bootable CD of Acronis9.0 is the better choice today

go4saket

Ramakrishnan said:
go4saket said:

First of all How can one take backup of one os from another in the same PC? I am given to understand that one cannot see another os's folders in the current OS. Moreover the method advocated by you looks very cumbersome.

Ask your question in thread to which you are actually pointing...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i still like norton ghost 7 as it can be used from command promt... atcually u dont need a running OS... just boot with DOS (any bootable CD/floppy running command promt will do) run the software to create or restore...

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
raval_manoj said:
Is it possible to create image of dual boot system using Norton Ghost or any other utility?

Yes, You can take the image of the complete system including multiple operating systems into DVD/s with Acronis True Image Ver 9. At the time of creating image, it will ask you whether you want image of a particular drive or drives or the whole system. I think this is a very good software which will take away the headache of installing operating systems. The compression rate and the restore time are really good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom