restarting pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hii guys .. i got a new problem .. (actully problem never leave me alone ,..)

my pc now has started rebooting by itself actully 2 times only !!!! i have win xp os and p4 1.6 cpu . can it b a virus ??? i just recently overclocked my pc to 1.68 ghz but then again make it 1.6 . and after restarting it gives me msg that windows has recovered from a serious error ..
i have norton 2003 ...

help...

hafees

In the zone
If you 're getting an error messages such that some process is terminated unexpectedly and the system got restarted, then this is the security flaw of windows XP exploited by a WORM.

To remove this, visit *download.microsoft.com and www.symantec.com

a msg will prolly show up wen it tries to reboot........wen its der......go to run an type cmd.......................den type shutdown-a

ittl stop da restart

den get a patch

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm first do this..
press windows button + pause/break
Go to advanced tab
Click on settings button under Setup and Recovery

uncheck auto restart on system failure

from next time it wont reboot..

it will show bluescreen with some numbers written on it..
paste that number here..

Deep

OP
G

ya i have done from property of my computer so that is not restarting now but after each start it gives me error that system has recoverd from the serious error..

dude_hp

Right off the assembly line
what is the error message you get. you can't be downloading the numerous patches for windows xp if you don' t know what error it is. post the error message.

dando

Broken In
Even I'm having this same problem
I didnt try ur solution Yet..
i'll try it and let U know the Number..

Charley

Just Do It
SYMPTOMS
If Windows XP restarts because of a serious error, the Windows Error Reporting tool prompts you to report the problem to Microsoft for troubleshooting purposes. Windows may prompt you to report this information every time that you restart the computer, even if no error occurred during the previous session. After this problem begins to occur, you are prompted to send the information after every restart, even if you do not send the information.
CAUSE
This problem occurs because after a Minidump file is written, the paging file continues to have a flag set that indicates that a Minidump file must be written.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP. You can use Automatic Updates or Windows Update to obtain Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).

kamaal

Broken In
y! i too agree with "achacko@dataone.in".

if it also doesn't solve ur problem then check it ur RAM. cz if Bus speed doesn't match then also it repeat the message n that is cz by pagefile fault.

so, if u try by macthing RAM speed with the main board or try it 400 Bus speed RAM. it hing it solve u r problem.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
as you have overclocked, make sure that your processor is not fuming!, overheating can trigger a shutdown process.
a month back i replaced my processor, then it started giving same sort of problem. i later forund that the heat sink was not fit properly. now it works fine.
u can check the processor temp in BIOS setup screen

dando

Broken In
I get this Error Signature......

BCCode : a BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 0000001F BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 804F1407 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Tech&ME

Banned
dando said:
I get this Error Signature......

BCCode : a BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 0000001F BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 804F1407 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

No SP installed , install it if u can, that should solve your problem.

suj_engico

Broken In
ARE U USING IE6?
IF YES THEN DID U GET AN ERROR MESSAGE?
IF YES THEN U HAVE BEEN ATTACKED BY A SPYWARE. USE SOME ANTI-SPYWARE SOFTWARE TO REMOVE IT & NEXT TIME WHEN SURFING USE A PROPER FIREWALL.

Charley

Just Do It
u shud reinstall the Sp again, i dont think u've installed tht properly.....

And u shud send a repot too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom