Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hi friends
I generally keep my notebook in hibernation. One day i dont knw what hapnd, my frnd lifted it to put it in charging when he plugged it in, the comp got restarted n ever since then whenever i restart my laptop, scandisk runs everytime saying that volume on G: is dirty.
I have divided my hardisk into logical partiton from D: to G: while C: and 2 other(DELL made)hidden partions are primary.
I cant undestand why is it running everytime. Plz help

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
first tell us which "file system" your drive G is. is it NTFS or FAT32.

If its FAT32 then convert it into NTFS file system.

from "My Computer", right click "G" drive, goto "Properties->press "Tools Tab" ->select "Error Checking- "check now". now a dialog box opens & asks, "Automatically fix File System Errors" & "Scan for & attempt recovery of bad sectors".
==>>select both check box & click start.

it'll take some time (more than 20 mins.), so wait & see the result.

anandk

Distinguished Member
let it run once completely.

then try this :
run regedit
Edit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager
Change the BootExecute entry from:
autocheck autochk * /.........
To:
autocheck autochk *

or else try this :
Start> Run> bring up a command prompt by typing in "CMD" and type " fsutil dirty query g: ". This queries the drive, and more than likely it will tell you that it is dirty. Next, type "CHKNTFS /X G:". The X tells Windows to NOT check that particular drive (G) on the next reboot. At this time, manually reboot your computer, it should not do a Chkdsk and take you directly to Windows.

Once Windows has fully loaded, bring up another CMD prompt and type and now you want to do a Chkdsk manually by typing "Chkdsk /f /r g:". This should take you through 5 stages of the scan and will unset that dirty bit. Finally, type "fsutil dirty query g:" and Windows will confirm that the dirty bit is not set on that drive.

hope it helps.

Last edited:
OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Thanx anandk.
It worked. I was really feeling sick coz my laptop is my most prized possesion n i was really proud of its performance bt felt bad when it deveoped this prblm. I thought that in less than 5 months it developed bad sectors !!!
Added to ur rep :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom