Resizing Partition in Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

harimaurya

Right off the assembly line
On previous sunday i bought a brand new laptop....and what i found...it had Already Vista installed and there was just 2 partition created ( c:\ -> 139 gb , d:\ -> 9.66 gb )....lot of space were wasted in c:\ .
As Windows Vista has a nice function for ' Volume shrinking '....i have created new partition
( E:\ -> 40gb ) from old one ( C:\ ) without any data loss.

Let see how you can do same :

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Hey... i have a dell inspiron 1525...
I was doing the same process but it takes a long while and then displays an error message saying "Access is denied"

ankushkool

Youngling
I also had the same prob... my c drive was 220Gb. itried everythin... disabling system restore, hibernation, pagefile... but no success i was only able to reduce the partition to 100GB... i even used acronics disk director, it corrupted my vista.

so i finally formated the c drive made a partition of 20GD and reinstalled vista usind the reinstall dvd which dell provided. hope this helped :p

Dylle

Right off the assembly line
The newest version of EASEUS Partition Manager may help you. It can support Windows Vista. Besides, EASEUS Partition Manager Home is a totally free tool for home users.

Hope userful.

stella

Banned
This artitcle will teach you how to resize partition in Window Vista*www.partition-tool.com/partition-magic/resize-partition-under-windows-operating-system.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom