Resistance: Fall of Man (IGN Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnake

Broken In
*ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745206p1.html

November 10, 2006 - Owners of some gaming systems have to wait years before they get a true "killer app," but PlayStation 3 users get theirs on day one. Insomniac's Resistance: Fall of Man is far and away the most impressive title on the console -- delivering on everything that it promised with a strong single-player experience, plenty of kick-ass multiplayer options, and stellar gameplay mechanics that equal those found in other elite shooters. But being like "other elite shooters" isn't what makes Resistance so compelling... it's what separates it from competitors that does.

Presentation (9)
Insomniac has created a compelling mythos and the unique blend of World War II-level battles with alien technology is a great mix. Expect load times only at the beginning of stages.

Graphics (8.5)
A mix of 20th century war machines and intergalactic alien hordes makes for quite the interesting art style. A solid 30fps framerate and plenty of bells and whistles easily impress.

Sound (8.5)
When connected to a capable speaker, Resistance will blow your speakers to kingdom come with great audio effects and stellar voice acting. Don't expect to hear much musically, though.

Gameplay (9.0)
Experience the best weapons to come along in a shooter for quite some time united with challenging enemies, tight control, smooth online play, and insane boss battles. Seriously fun.9.5

Lasting Appeal (9.5)
Between 12-15 hours of single-player action, multiple (and very challenging) difficulty levels, four hidden weapons, unlockable secrets and skill points, and a ton of multiplayer options. Hot!

OVERALL (9.1)
(out of 10 / not an average)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The game had grabbed my attention right from the day it was tentatively titled I:8.The concpet is definetly pretty unique and the graphic looks astounding.It's a good thing Sony has a good exclusive FPS lined up as a launch title.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I know , i am not going to play this game before 1-1.5 years , till the video game wala brings ps3 and i play at his shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom