Resetting A Password (a.k.a. change the admin's password)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvrine

Broken In
make sure you are logged into a account that has more priviliges than a guest... Power User worked ok for me.

We are going to pretend that we want to change the administrator's password. His username let's say is: admin

In that case:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type CMD
4. Click OK
! --- <a black window should have opened> --- !
5. Now type the following: NET USER admin *
6. Now change the password to ur desire

And walla ur done!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is easy, but I did this tutorial for the n00bs.
Anyway, This is guaranteed to work 95% of the time.

I have a very powerful program, (small enough to fit on a floppy) that will boot your computer in Linux mode, and then it allows you to change any password, and you don't need to have a account, or enough priviliges

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Nope... this is to help people who lose their Windows XP admin password, and don't know how to get into it!

Raaabo

godsownman

Padawan
Hey one query,

You said we require any account more than the Guest account but normally nobody is going to give a guest more privilages than what a guest account gives. So I dont see how this works.

You need to be really lucky to have an account on a PC with more privillages than what a guest offers.

Thilak

Broken In
wolvrine said:
make sure you are logged into a account that has more priviliges than a guest... Power User worked ok for me.

We are going to pretend that we want to change the administrator's password. His username let's say is: admin

In that case:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type CMD
4. Click OK

And walla ur done!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a very powerful program, (small enough to fit on a floppy) that will boot your computer in Linux mode, and then it allows you to change any password, and you don't need to have a account, or enough priviliges

Hallo ,

When u copy my post just only say" Thankx Thilak "

Thanks 4 repost{*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22103&start=0 }

Thilak :wink:

Thilak

Broken In
And try this too ............

Hi all

So you're on line and having the habit of editing your post. You just stated afore as you are in need of password changer for 2000, and now for XP.

Anyway, here is the link: *www.password-changer.com

Enjoy

Thilak 8)

pothurichamu

Right off the assembly line
THNX

HAI ALL

I AM A NEW PERSON FOR THIS FORUM

I TRIED THIS ON MY xp PRO DESKTOP, UNFORTUNATELY IT DID NOT WORK

IS THIS FOR N/W PCs OR HOME USERS ALSO

DOES THIS WORK WHEN THE ADMN PWD IS LOCKED / FORGOT

SINDHU :?

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Re: THNX

pothurichamu said:
DOES THIS WORK WHEN THE ADMN PWD IS LOCKED / FORGOT
That's precisely why it's there.
But you need to be able to get into widows by some means... that too using another account with admin rights.
guest account wont do.

for more .. check the links in this page (scroll down to 'other topics')

-----
alibi

raghu-RAM

Broken In
hey a week before my friend had faced same problem
say the admin account is abc,

my solution:

1.boot in safe mode,it shows another account 'administrator'

2.log into administrator, it wont ask password for this account if you have two os installed and if the other os (other than u r working with) has a account name 'administrator' then type the password of that account of other os. I really dont know why it happens, but it happens.

3.goto control panel, user accounts

4.create another account with administrator privilages, say 'temp'(left to you, keeping a password for this account)

5.restart and boot in normal mode

6.log into 'temp'

7.again goto control panel>user accounts and change the password of your main account , abc

8. then logoff from 'temp' and log into abc, delete the 'temp' account
you are done with it

raghu-RAM

Broken In
sesi5674u said:
u can download a floppy or cd image from *www.loginrecovery.com/ and obtain the administrator password

it takes 3-4 days to crack after you have uploaded it(for free)
of course it takes hours if you pay some dollars

raghu-RAM

Broken In
sesi5674u said:
u can download a floppy or cd image from *www.loginrecovery.com/ and obtain the administrator password

it takes 3-4 days to crack after you have uploaded it(for free)
of course it takes hours if you pay some dollars.
but ya it works fine

dragonlord

Broken In
easiest solution

Boot into dos using NTFSDOS bootable cd/floppy and delete \winnt\system32\config\sam file.Restart system and admin password will be blank. :p

bugsome

Broken In
wolvrine said:

In that case:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type CMD
4. Click OK

And walla ur done!

This method is not workin on my xp sp2, it says access denied... what could be wrong..? i tried it from a limited account...pls reply..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom