Reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
paul_007 said:
nothing to say ,had enough of this...........:))
but we need fight again for it as goxerment is all set in enforce 27%obc quota in premier insitudes like iit's or iim.:( i am lot worried a i will seek admission next with 27% are down because of Reservation

paul_007

Padawan
gary4gar said:
but we need fight again for it as goxerment is all set in enforce 27%obc quota in premier insitudes like iit's or iim.:( i am lot worried a i will seek admission next with 27% are down because of Reservation

yes u r right and i agree with u , but i am sure it will be implemented in one go ..... i think its of no use to fight , u wont get anything more than high pressure water jets and police lathi blows

Sykora

I see right through you.
I feel that Reservations, far from "levelling the playing field", is now toppling it over the other way. If it keeps up like this, we'll have protests for reservation of places for forward caste students -- what a fiasco. For underpriviliged students, let the government give them financial aid and all that. Just don't mess directly with everyone else's chance of doing well. It's no wonder why many promising individuals go overseas, and stay there. Many of them tried here, and couldn't make the cut.

mediator

Technomancer
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28604&page=13 .... actiive thread!!

I dont think supreme court will allow such nonsense even if bill is passed. It will sue it! It has already asked students to restraint...thats why I think of it!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
why fight for reservation, jsut get RID of all the Caste things, like SC/ST, Brahmin...
Whats the difference between a SC/ST/MBC caste person & a Brahmin???
Afterall we ARE Humans!!! Right?

Why dont the Fu**ing people Change???
Why does a Terrorist kill innocent people??? when He's arch enemy is some Po***ic**n.
WHY???
Sometimes i just WISH that some ALIENS come & kill all the Corrupt people for us.

Vyasram

The pWnster
use the long 10 page thread for this. yes , i am gonna name my vacuum cleaner with the name Indian govt

uttoransen

Broken In
i don't agree to it, reservation is necesarry,

yes, but the method is wrong,

my friend if st/sc, is rich than me, has better marks than me. now dose he repuires a reservation. no, but the matter of the fact is, not only he is going to get reservation, but also his childrens and there childrens are going to get it.

so, reservation is good for them, who are poor, who really needs it. other wise it's not good.

the people who has reservation, should keep a stamp on there forehead that they are st/sc, and they require reservation. my friend is st but he says he is not, he takes all the facilities but don't agree to it, as he thinks that st/sc is something very bad, perhaps he is right, i don't know that. but if you are getting that reservation you should say that you are st/sc, perhaps you will be then losing a lot of general friends, but that's the way it is.

reservation should only be given to one generation, that way it will remove people from getting extra advantage.

SolidSnake

Broken In
Friends, read this article by Prof. Dipankar Gupta....really eye opening.

*www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1779508,00120001.htm

The big lie is that backward castes have been persecuted and marginalised through history by the upper castes and treated akin to the untouchables. The Mandal Commission has leveraged this lie to its advantage to benefit precisely those castes that are economically and socially among the prosperous in rural India. But what most people do not realise is that behind this big lie, there is a big truth that is grim and tragic. What is kept from view is the unpleasant fact that it is the backward castes who were, and continue to be, the worst perpetrators of caste atrocities in rural India. When a big lie conceals a big truth, it is like marrying off a woman in purdah.

Third Eye

gooby pls
s18000rpm said:
why fight for reservation, jsut get RID of all the Caste things, like SC/ST, Brahmin...
Whats the difference between a SC/ST/MBC caste person & a Brahmin???
Afterall we ARE Humans!!! Right?

Why dont the Fu**ing people Change???
Why does a Terrorist kill innocent people??? when He's arch enemy is some Po***ic**n.
WHY???
Sometimes i just WISH that some ALIENS come & kill all the Corrupt people for us.

agree....

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
I Agree with u. One thing to note is that when the protest against reservation was going on the price of petrol increased, many other controversies that should have been noticed by the people went unnoticed.
I think that quality of educational institutions go down if they keep on taking incompetent students.

This came in the week.
In kerala A high cast student needed to get rank of 450 to in Med.Entrance to get an admission.But an S.T got an admision with rank 11000 below.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Re: i don't agree to it, reservation is necesarry,

uttoransen said:

my friend if st/sc, is rich than me, has better marks than me. now dose he repuires a reservation. no, but the matter of the fact is, not only he is going to get reservation, but also his childrens and there childrens are going to get it.

so, reservation is good for them, who are poor, who really needs it. other wise it's not good.
True!

Hence, apart from caste, the thing separating people is money. A rich SC/ST or OBC (yes, there are some rich ones) guy with less % will easily get a admission in a reputed institution, while a poor guy with good % will not get the same. Hence, reservation should be on basis of financial condition of the student, otherwise, it is injustice by the govt.

I think either caste system should be scrapped or reservation should be scrapped. There is hence no fair deal in the country. Does anyone need any other reason why our country is not progressing?

Last edited:

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
Cmon man, how many of them will give their financial stats correctly.The creamy layer is Rs300000.
I think their should not be any rservation for people having a car, a house and minimum monthly income of 15000.

I dont think it is possible to scrap caste system . we should do away with reservation or cheap politicians

Last edited:

uttoransen

Broken In
Re: i don't agree to it, reservation is necesarry,

uttoransen said:
the people who has reservation, should keep a stamp on there forehead that they are st/sc, and they require reservation. my friend is st but he says he is not, he takes all the facilities but don't agree to it, as he thinks that st/sc is something very bad, perhaps he is right, i don't know that. but if you are getting that reservation you should say that you are st/sc, perhaps you will be then losing a lot of general friends, but that's the way it is.

has anyone every quoted his own comments, anyways, why don't they accept that they are st/sc, if they are taking the benefits.

my friend got admission in school because he is st/sc, got in college because of that, got job because of that, got promotion because of that, and now he says that he is not st/sc, why? is being st/sc so bad. this is not fair, there must be a stamp on there forehead that says that they have reservation and they are st/sc.

plsoft

Journeyman
Reservation is the result of inequality. The poor, when suppressed n ill-treated, feels the need for reservation. That's the reason why the protests against reservation have failed. Let's stop blaming the politicians. Ask yurself, do u really respect a sweeper, a rickshaw puller or a poor common worker, etc., just because they earn less n their work appears lowly? Until that happens, we will not see the end of reservations.

Last edited:

Official Techie

In the zone
plsoft said:
Reservation is the result of inequality. The poor, when suppressed n ill-treated, feels the need for reservation. That's the reason why the protests against reservation have failed. Let's stop blaming the politicians. Ask yurself, do u really respect a sweeper, a rickshaw puller or a poor common worker, etc., just because they earn less n their work appears lowly? Until that happens, we will not see the end of reservations.

r u insane we r not against reservation they should have resrvations but not 27% the population and need of general category is far more than them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom