Request: Mandriva 2008 The One

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3060

A LOTR fan
hi all, i need a fast download site from where i can download mandriva 2008 (the one) edition

*mandriva.c3sl.ufpr.br/official/iso/2008.0/mandriva-linux-2008-one-GNOME-cdrom-i586.iso
this is the one that i am using now , i am only getting a speed of 105 KB/sec,

any fast link is highly appreciated...:)

-----------------------------------
alright , am downloading
*ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/releases/LinuxMint-4.0.iso
mint 4.0 too...:)

lets see if this or 2008 (the one) is better...:)

i guess nvidia is enabled by default in mint is it????

Last edited:
^^guess so... but with that internet of yours, you can always download the drivers anyday.

PS: If you are in BSNL-500 like me, download multiple distros/files at a time to nullify that download speed dissatisfaction. I usually suck 10 mp3s at a time, or 4 distros at a time(see my post in the distro request thread to understand what I mean)

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
i was downloading through reliance web world . . it usually gives me a min of 600 KB /sec to 1.5 mb. . i dont have net in my home :-(. . i download from them , its fast , i can fill up my 2g flash in an hour and a half :).

and i tested the live cd of mint . . when i tried to enable 3d . it searched for nvidia driver and gave me error stating that it could not download from net , yes , i dont have net . . so my question is , when i install it on system will it work ?or is it still gonna search in net for it ?. . am testing on friends system :).

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
use ubuntu 7.10 gutsy and use aptoncd to download nvidia and all other packages and dependencies :) .search this section!

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
i have downloaded nvidia drivers from its site :) . . i will try later next week . . this week is gonna be a busy one

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^ Use ubuntu its best.I'll tell you step by step how to install nVidia driver on Ubuntu.

praka123 said:
use ubuntu 7.10 gutsy and use aptoncd to download nvidia and all other packages and dependencies :) .search this section!
parkash apt on cd is crap. Do't expect anything from it right now. In future it may get some good features :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom