Req A good AMD MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

capri435

Broken In
Guys i want a good AMD motherboard that i want to pair with AMD 64 3500+ .My requirements are as follows:

------------ socket 939
------------ PCIExpress
------------ Raid Controller

My Budget is around 6-7k

Secondly I want to know whether there are any AMD boards that support DDRII 533 MHz RAM

Sankalp

Journeyman
Increase ur buget a lil bit more and u can get MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum. Its a very good board. Check it out at MSI site.

OP
C

capri435

Broken In
But isnt MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum a socket 754 based and what is its price.
?
Secondly i wud like to know that are the 6600GT based cards from XFX,leadtek etc,that are selling like hot cakes these days(about 10,000 Rs) PCI cards or AGP 8X

quad master

In the zone
ASUS A8N-E [NForce 4 Ultra Chipset]
Rs8500 - 8800
Rashi & Prime ABGB Mumbai

The Best AMD S939 Mobo plenty of features.

More Info:- *www.asus.com.tw/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=171&model=455&modelmenu=1

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
MSI k8N neo4 plat is s939 mobo, and a good one at that too.
*www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=637

And, yea 6600gt cards are all the rave these days. Go for the BIG 6600 gt card or the winfast 6600gt tdh EXTREME card (factory overclocked, but 2K costlier).

KHUBBU

Journeyman
afaik MSi rs480 has heating problem ( the review at extremetech ) and its not that great board. it is mini ATX.

AlienTech

In the zone
KHUBBU said:
afaik MSi rs480 has heating problem ( the review at extremetech ) and its not that great board. it is mini ATX.

By default the ATI graphics chip runs @ 200MHZ. There is no heating problem here. But if you set it for 300MHZ you need a fan. I dont even have a case fan, I just used a very small fan on the heatsink. The entire system runs cool anyway. 40 inside the case and 50 for the CPU. And the entire thing works with a 250W PSU.

You need better cooling if you over clock anyway. Or at least a case fan to keep the insides cool.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
KHUBBU said:
My RS480 is running really cool without additional cooling. Mini ATX just means it has 3 PCI slots instead of the usual 5. You don't miss out on any other feature.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
OK, point noted.
Can anyone of u post a review of this mobo. I mean a proper review like the they have at techtree. That will certainly help a lot of ppl.

It will be very useful since the reviews at these sites have a high end system which give high scores but normal ppl like us go for a budget soln fo eg AMD 3200 instead of FX-55, so the benchies in these configs wud be more realistic for most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom