Repairing XP with tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Windows XP with Service Pack-2.I used to install-uninstall a lot of programs such as games,sys utilities and other kind of softwares.I used to tweak and customise XP whenever I get some hacks.The problem is many programs doesn't work properly,so I decided to repair my installation,but I want to know that is there any way to regain my tweaks and customisation while repairing XP.Please suggest possible ways.

Note: I didn't make a note of what are the customisations and tweaks that I went through nor do I know how many I did so...

anandk

Distinguished Member
nope no way to regain all ur tweaks and customizations now, so late....
backup ur data/my documents and reinstalling xp to a virgin state would be the best idea now :)

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Just install windows xp on top of the existing one and it will not make your exisiting programmes corrupt. They will remain same and you will also get a fresh operating system. In this connection, may I request you to backup an image of your drive to another drive using Acronis True image. Believe me, this will really go a long way in helping you to bring your system back into its pristine state. This is especially true, if you are installing uninstalling a lot of games, applications, etc. I personally am using this method and my 9 GB of software on my C: drive including Winxp pro sp2 have been restored in about 10-12 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom