Repair corrupted Distro CDs / Downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rohandhruva

Hi,

I have heard of a lot of people downlaoding and re-downloading distros due to corruption. Heres how to remedy it without re-downloading.

1) If its a CD make the iso files using UltrsISO or something.
2) Get the BitTorrent client - *bittorrent.com
3) Get the .torrent file for the distro version - usually available on the homepage - or jsut Google for it.
4) Start the download in any location (say D: ). As soon as you start, cancel it. In the location, you will have a folder with the name of the .torrent file. And in it htere will be blank iso, 0kb.
5) Replace these isos with the iso you creayted in the first step. Start the download again in the same location. (D: ) Then it wil lsay "Checking existing file" and download only the bad chunks again.
6) Burn the ISOs to a CD or jsut do a iso install of the distro.
ENJOY!!! :) :)

If you use this tip somewhere, please give me the due credit.

Rohan
rohandhruva@gmail.com

OP
R

rohandhruva

Sorry.

Hi,

OK. Sorry. I wasnt sure in which section to post...

Rohan.

OP
R

rohandhruva

Hi,

Just to give you guys an approximation of how good this method is - I ordered Fedora Core 3 CDs, four, out of which 3 three turned out to be corrupted and mediacheck failed. I used this method, and by dowloading just 2 MB i fixed it and did an iso install. How cool is that?

Rohan.

yash

I draw every day
this is a "seriously, why didnt I think of that before." kind of solution. way to go man!!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The user must have gotten deleted because guest posting certainly isn't allowed.

@yash
Exactly. Why didn't I think of that before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom