renabling internet explorer settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemantha1969

Right off the assembly line
I have a windows XP SP2 OS which connects through a proxy server to the internet. Accordingly the internet explorer proxy setting had been configured with the IP address and port number. However I downloaded snoop spy software and installed it. What it has done is it has disenabled the IE proxy setting and configured it as local host and port number 8080. Even unistalling this software and clicking on restore default setting in IE is not getting me the orginal settings page as it has not been enabled. how do i do it?

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
You can do it manually. Open IE, go to Tools Menu > Internet Options. Here click the "Connections" tab and then click "LAN Settings" button. Here, enter the Server IP and port number and click "OK".

OP
H

hemantha1969

Right off the assembly line
but my point is after installing the software, this option has been completely disabled and iam not able to do anything to alter the setting. it is shadowed and nothing can be done to change it.

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
Open NotePad and copy the contents of the below "Code" box to it:-
Code:
regedit /e test1.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies"
regedit /e test2.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies"
regedit /e test3.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main"
copy test1.txt + test2.txt +test3.txt = info.txt
del test1.txt
del test2.txt
del test3.txt
Go to File Menu (in NotePad) > Save AS and type the filename as Test.BAT and save it. Exit from NotePad.

Double-click on this file, a DOS type window should open and close by itself. There will be a file called Info.txt in the same directory where the batch file was present. Open this Info.txt file and copy its contents and paste it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom