removing linux and bootloader.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak_vsoni

Broken In
i have mandrake linux 10.1 and win xp installed on my system. can anybody tell me how to remove/uninstall the linux and the bootloader installed by it so that i can work on xp.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Do this if u got a winxp boot up disk - go into the repair mode on the installation screen by pressin R and in the command line type FIXMBR and get rid of LNX

Or if no WIN XP boot disk install OSL boot manager with digit and Uninstall it IMMEADIATELY

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
QwertyManiac said:
Do this if u got a winxp boot up disk - go into the repair mode on the installation screen by pressin R and in the command line type FIXMBR and get rid of LNX

Or if no WIN XP boot disk install OSL boot manager with digit and Uninstall it IMMEADIATELY

Oops... i think u meant a bootable Windows XP installation CD. I was confused at first, so thought id make it clear for others. Hehe. No harm meant dude! And yes you are absolutly right about the FIXMBR thing. Though i dunno bout OSL boot manager. Its always better to do it the official way.

ujjwal

Padawan
The above will remove the boot loader, to remove the partitions you need to get hold of a partition manager, and delete the partitions marked as linux (ext2/3, reiserfs might be the type displayed).

Oh btw, this question has been asked before, search the forums for more info :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No need of that ujjwal...

Goto manager of my computer and storage > local storage > see the unknown parts there and delete them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom