Removing a CD-ROM drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh_mask

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
This is Suresh from Chennai, India. I have a HP Pavilion 8505 PC. It has a default CD-ROM drive designated as G: and I have added a CD-Writer which is now H: but the problem is I want to remove the CD-ROM drive. I have no idea how the drives are configured(i.e., the master and slave drives). At present the drives are located as follows : CD-ROM drive : Location 0(0) and CD-Writer : Location 1(1) which is what is shown in Device Manager properties.

Please tell me how I can remove the CD-ROM drive i.e., what cables I have to remove and connect to the drives/motherboard so as to make my CD-Writer as G: and the H: no longer visible.

Thanx,
Suresh

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Simple dude! Just remove the bus cables and the power connector from your CD rom drive, and pull the drive through the bay. Thats it. Restart the system and Windows will automatically configure it for you.

You have mentioned a branded PC, if that is still under warranty, doing this may make your warranty void.

Check before tinkering!

Hope this helps you.

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
Make sure to set the jumper ( a small pin) in the MASTER place found at the back of CD writer.

*img245.echo.cx/img245/6208/jumper1pw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom