Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
I want to connect to a remote desktop in my college to do some project work.

Now the problem is that I cannot use Windows Remote Desktop as the computer that I want to connect to is part of a LAN in college.

So one of my friends recommended I use Tight VNC, I managed to download it and do the setup but still I am unable to use it.

I would appreciate if somebody can please tell me how to use this software or give me any other method of connecting to that PC.

I have tried Logmein though it suffices , I am not very impressed with it .

Thanks

enjoy

Journeyman
Are you trying to connect to a system which is in your college network from some other place(not a part of college network) over the internet?

enjoy

Journeyman
Well, I think that would be difficult. My best guess is that your college might be using a private IP addressing system. And from home you might be connecting using Dialup or broadband connection.

So to get a connection you need to have a machine with a real IP from where you can do some port redirection and both machines should be able to connect to it. If it is possible then you can connect through VNC.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Would you have any idea which ports need to be redirected so that Windows Remote Desktop and/ or VNC may be able to work.

Thanks

enjoy

Journeyman
Well I use Real VNC, and I have configured it to work on 25800 & 25900. You can change the port numbers to whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom