Reliance to give Toshiba LCD TVs free with DTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybertragic

Broken In
This is crazy stuff. According to today's Economic Times, Reliance may be giving away free LCD TVs along with their DTH connection though the size is not mentioned.

"Reliance is in advanced talks with Toshiba to sign an agreement for about 15 million LCD TVs, to be given along with the DTH connection. The proposal deal stands like this: BIG DTH will offer its DTH connection for Rs 10,000-12,000 and the consumer will get a Toshiba LCD TV free along with the DTH hardware. Also, subscription will be free for the first six months or so. "

Source: R-ADAG to storm DTH market in March next- Media-Media / Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Only Reliance can come up with something seemingly so preposterous. What can the other subscribers offer to counter this? An LCD TV, settopbox and 6 months subscription for Rs. 10,000. Going by current DTH offers thats just Rs. 7000 extra for the LCD.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Hmm,Looks like Reliance is all set to take over the DTH Market.
If this is true....I Want one ;)

Regards,
ray

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
wowow *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/yes.gif
i tel my dad to throw tatasky in the gutter*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/bsod.gif

hopes their service is even better than tatasky,though tatasky is too doin a fine job but jab free me LCD tv mile to tata ko tata *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/103.gif hi bolna chahiye!!!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
azzu said:
iam not gonna beleive this *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/yes.gif

Relaince can do anything, remember they were the one to start Mobile Revolution in India with Dhirubhai Poineer offer for 3000 and then Mobile for Rs 500. :)

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ Right... and when politicians in TN can give free colour tv, reliance can definitely give lcd tv at a less price.. :)

Edburg

In the zone
if this is true then it must be a 19" or below....or at most 20"....since they are ordering at bulk,they must get the 20" or so LCD for that amount...

and i will get one...as i am looking to buy a 19" LCD for my comp...it will be a bonus if i czn use it as a monitot/TV with set top box...

they can, because, Toshiba will be supplying the LCDs to Reliance at rockbottom prices only because they are assured of selling 15 million pieces.

may be 26inch lcds.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
big deal guys. 7000 for an 14" lcd ain't no big deal at all.
Besides toshiba lcd are HORRIBLE , atleast the one on my laptop was

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Toshiba will be able to sell all its defective tv sets to Reliance. Reliance are like that only, would buy the set at price per unit less than 5000Rs. and on the box MRP would be mentioned as 20000 or more , the same as is the Case with its Fixed Wireless phones.

One would be happy to get an lcd that cheap but real trouble would start if the unit malfunctions. Who would provide after sale service,reliance or Toshiba.Most of you must be knowing how good customer service Reliance is providing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom