Reliance RConnect software fails to install driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arko

Broken In
o.k., here's the deal:
i have bought a Reliance connection (the machine is LG LSP350-R). it comes with a built in Internet connection and blah... blah..blah... you know the legend...
the trouble is when i try to install the RConnect software on my system (WinXP Home, Service Pack 2) the installation stops in the middle and an error message appears that says: Modem driver failed to install. the com port it uses is COM2. the software installs successfully on other systems, so i know the trouble is with my machine.

think you can help me out here?

-arko

iinfi

mekalodu
where is ur fone connected COM1 or COM2 ...

check that first .... and select the correct option ....

b4 reinstalling the driver ....
remove the modem (if previously installed)
remove the RCconnect connection frm "Network Connections"

and then proceed with the installation ....
this is a common problem faced by reliance users .... and i think u sud be thru ....

hope this helps ....
cheers....

OP
A

arko

Broken In
hey, iinfi!

what's the deal with not reading my post comprehensively? your response doesn't even answer anything!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Firstly arko no one here is bound to reply to you. So please be a bit kind hereafter.

Is the cable USB/serial? Then a solution may be found out.

iinfi

mekalodu
i had answered ur queries based on my experience ......

the installation halts if u have selected the wrong port ....
hence i asked u to check which port u have connected ur fone...

the previous incomplete installation causes problems and hence i asked u to remove the modem and the RConnect connection (if present) b4 proceeding with the installation ....

i have experienced problems with my reliance fone long back and hence tried to help u .....

if i have not addressed ur problem u cud have reposted ur problem more clearly and someone else wud have helped U....

OP
A

arko

Broken In
woooops!

o.k, guys, i am sorry i was rather rash. guess it happens when one is pissed off for more than a week by a buggy installation. sure thing, won't happen again :)

as to the query whether the cable is USB/Serial: the cable is serial. the com port is correct (COM2) - i know this because the installation detects my handset at COM2 successfully.

dkd903

Broken In
what i feel is that tata indicom nd reliance infocomm shud b kicked out of india. i had tata indicom walky, the phone`s modem driver wud never install... so i returned da fone ...

iinfi

mekalodu
no ... man dont giv away ur fone ....

at first it gave me similar problems ...

but by
1.removing the modem (if previously installed)
2.removing the RCconnect connection frm "Network Connections"
3.uninstalled the RConnect s/w
b4 re-installing the RConnect software solved the problem ...

try it ... gud luck

OP
A

arko

Broken In
again there!

that's the prob, see?
1) the modem fails to install, so there's no question of uninstalling it.
2)the installation halts light years before reaching the RConnect connection creation, so it doesn't figure in the "Network Connections" folder.
3)ditto as in 1) above, with the RConnect s/w.

if ur next advice is to "reformat ur HDD & blah, blah, blah", leave it buddy, i get the picture :cry:

iinfi

mekalodu
get someone frm the Reliance WebWorld to ur house ....
and try asking him to solve ur problem .....

sry i cudn't be of much help ....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well arko dont attach the phone to the com port untill the installetion guide asks u to do... otherways the installetion thinks that the port is blocked..... so wait till the installetion guide ask u to connect the phone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom