Reliance drags Apple retail to India; hints at a scary future

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Reliance drags Apple retail to India; hints at a scary future
Posted Mar. 8, ’08, 10:02 AM PT by Aayush Arya

Finally, someone has taken note of the severe shortage of retail locations where one can buy Apple products from, specially Macs, in India—and it isn’t Apple themselves. The company that decided to cash in on the opportunity created by this void is Reliance Industries, one of the richest in the Indian economy.

*www.macuser.com/2008/03/08/Reliance%20iStore.jpg

The Mukesh Ambani controlled behemoth has entered into an exclusive partnership with Apple, the first of its kind, to open up a chain of iStores all over the country. Taking cues from Apple’s own widely successful retail stores, these stores will feature Apple’s entire range of products, an aesthetically designed environment (no shiny glass stairways though), Apple trained staff, and a dedicated tech support counter called ResQ, not unlike the Genius Bar in Apple Stores. Read more...

[Via MacUser]

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
if ur refering to the fact that apple will sign with reliance telecom then i dont see that happening atleast not for 3 years :)

why:

iStore - Mukesh Ambani
Reliance Telecom - Anil Ambani

and they have a contract by which neither can start or take part in business that competes with a business of the other .... the only thing im not sure abt is the time i think its 5 years and i dont think that mukesh ambani will start another telecom venture as it will hurt and hit reliance share holders :) as its still 1 umbrella under which both are working

and aayush please post full articles as ur the author of the articles it is tantamount to advertisement (direct reference to the anandk incident that happened)

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I'm sorry Aayush, but I have to agree with Giga. Every article you write finds it's way onto a new thread on the forums. Irrespective of whether you consider them important or not, that is flat out advertising.

narangz

Web developer
and aayush please post full articles as ur the author of the articles it is tantamount to advertisement (direct reference to the anandk incident that happened)

Well yeah that incident created a lot of furore.

and stop promoting your articles.

I tend to disagree. He can post his articles. What's wrong in that if full article is posted with credits & link to the original page?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Let him, but i think we dont want to get updates whenever he sneezes and coughs. Better create a thread in chit chat section and announce the he is a author of blah blah and inform members to read his articles in his site or the macworld.

Sorry, but I've to

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
It's not just apple stores, reliance has started retails outlets like Reliance Digital where now you can buy electronics and computer goods!

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Let him, but i think we dont want to get updates whenever he sneezes and coughs. Better create a thread in chit chat section and announce the he is a author of blah blah and inform members to read his articles in his site or the macworld.

Sorry, but I've to

I'm pretty sure he conveys that information and more pretty well from his siggy and user title

sourav123

Thinking Different
I fully agree with Giga. This is a public forum and not your own website. So create a single thread and post all updates there instead of starting a new thread every now and then.

By the way Arya, what are you doing at Siliguri, are you looking for Apple orchards in Darjeeling. :)

No offence meant.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
@arya, I guess, it was made pretty clear by the admins and mods here that if you want to post something you wrote, then post the entire thing and don't link to other pages or your website!

Thread reported!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Arya, Please post the entire article if you want to post it here. Future incomplete articles with "Read More" links will be deleted without notice. This is your first and last warning.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, since it wasn't my own website and MacUser gaining page views didn't benefit me in any way at all, I didn't think it was considered advertisement here.

It's just that instead of posting articles from TUAW like I did previously, I now post from MacUser because I prefer it to TUAW.

I don't post only my own articles and I never post the full article. Taking the fact that this was authored by me out of the equation, it is inconsiderate towards the author and the website if you're posting their full article elsewhere without their permission. If the full article can be read here, no one will go to the actual website no matter how many links you provide and those websites rely on these readers to be able to publish those articles.

I've done nothing wrong here but I realise that my being the author of these articles complicates matters. I won't post them in future. :)

By the way Arya, what are you doing at Siliguri
I live here. It is my hometown.

-------------------------------

FWIW, I have my own website too where I post articles but leave along posting incomplete articles with "Read more..." links, I don't even mention it anywhere except in my signature, even though I would love to have a few page views. I think I'm doing my bit towards respecting the rules of the forum.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
y dont you post the whole article and add the source at the top in bold

lesser the number of clicks, more pleasent is the readin exp [my personal exp]

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You're admitting yourself that you won't click that link if I posted the full article here and yet you want me to do so because your reading experience would be better that way.

But that's not the reason why these authors write those articles (I'm talking in general here) and that's not why companies run those websites and pay those authors. They want you to visit their website and then have a comfortable reading experience.

Posting the full article here is exactly like piracy because you're preventing the author from getting the money he deserves, just like you prevent the developer from making any money when you choose to pirate his software. It's just that people have less respect for intellectual property when compared to software, which itself has lesser respect compared to hardware.

I won't post any more articles if people don't want me to, sure, but I'll never post them here in full. Sorry!

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
arre..this is getting too personal out here...hey aayayush..y dont u open "THE APPLE THREAD" or sumthing and post ur articles there...it would be easier for evryone to co-operate with you better...

and as for Reliance sucking in the Apple Iphone..Now that virgin,At&t and o2 due in a few years......lets hope for the best...

voda is howevr planning to bring in a lot of phones this fall with voda branding terming them as the next big things..

i just want to live the times where with evry plan u get a 1 year free update... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom